www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Following the "whats in your bag?' thread I have noticed some players having two putters: one light weight (165-167) and a heavy putter; usually the same mold. I have always used a "heavy" putter at 174-175gms. Obviously, lighter weights allow for easier turnovers/anhyzers. Could someone give me some other insight as to why you would like to have light-weight putter in the bag???

Views: 1767

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use a 143 gram Omega SS for uphill straddle putts,knee putts, punching thru little holes in bushes etc.
Great for putts where you can only get wrist snap and not much arm/elbow.
Also for long anhyzer upshots where I don't want it to heel at all.
I have two Star Rhyno's. one in at 170 grams, and the other at 175 grams. For me, the heavier one works better for anything 20 feet out and beyond, whereas the lighter one works better for me within 20 feet. Not sure why this is, But if I use the heavier one inside, I always hit the bottom of the basket... My friends all give me a hard time about it when I grab the wrong one accidentally... I am afforded no more mulligans...
I use a Champ Panther multi-purpose regularly, and if I have a good shot at the basket I'll putt with it.
I use a heavy putter for 90% of my putts, its more reliable into the wind more predictable in other situations. 175g BB Aviar. but I do have a 169 bead-less aviar in my bag for uphill puts, the lighter putter allows me to putt exactly like I do with the heavy one but it gives me the lift I need to putt from the down hill grade. That’s my theory anyway. Seems to work.
That makes sense to me, even though we don't have any courses around here that have much in the way of elevation changes to worry about. I haven't used my Soft Magnet in a while (in favor of the SuperSoft Wizard) but I have a new bag that holds more discs and I can opt to carry it around... and I've forgotten how heavy it was and how nice it is.
I use a omega super soft 164g when i 'am putting 30 ft. or more. lighter weight has farther trajectrey . Other wise i use a 172 super stupid soft warlock
I use light putters for longer putts, which gives a longer float and less turn. for my short putts (20-30 feet) i use my 175g putter. I use a lighter putter with a tailwind. and heavier one with a headwind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968