www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

local discusion we are having multiple views on what an ace really is. Some are saying if it isnt a full 18 hole course its not a real ace. Hear is one scenerio, we have a short 9 hole course that a few of us are playing quite abit. longest hole is slightly over 300 ft and the shortest hole is over 100ft. Most baskets are tucked behind trees, you still have a line at the basket however its not as easy as some would think cause of the trees and whatnot.

if i throw off the tee into one of these holes would you consider that an ace ? i say yes, if its from tee to basket first throw then yes it is an ace, i dont care about distance unless its like 60ft away c'mon. But if this isnt an ace in your eyes why not ?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aces count if they are thrown during a full round at a given course. A full round is playing all of the holes at the course, whether it has 6, 9, 12, 27 or whatever holes. As most others have said, if you stand at the tee and throw several shots, those after the first don't count as aces - you have had the benefit of modifying your shot based on how the first shot went.

Par doesn't matter - aces aren't always 2-under - they're sometimes 3-under. In ball golf there are many shortish par-fours that can be reached from the tee, and are therefore aceable. That would be 3-under.

I'm not quite sure where I stand on safari aces (probably yes) or doubles Cali-aces (probably no). Interesting post-round barroom discussion, I imagine.
ace on a par 2 is not a birdie
its an ace you made it in one shot
you count it on the score the same as a bird but its still an ace
Yes, I aced hole #3 Monster Hudson Mills Long Tee, to regular basket. I was playing to the Champ (alternate both-in-ground-at-same-time) basket though.
Yes that's an ace... Tell the people you're playing w/ to lighten up. It goes on y our card as a "1", it's pretty simple. *shaking head*

Now for me, my first "ace" wasn't a real ace, it was a Polish Ace - a windy day gone bad turned a long drive into a long roller, and it rolled into another hole's basket! That's NOT an ace. Yours is...
An ace is thrown from the tee to the intended basket. A black ace is a throw from the tee that hits another holes basket.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968