www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

anyone have any creative ideas for making your own baskets?

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I made one out of a tire cut the side wall out of a 15 in tire,turn it inside out, some deck screws and bolts and plastic decking.
Attachments:
hell i must have a gold mind behind my house with the amount of tires on my back yard

question what size tire did you use and what did you use to cut the sidewall out
15 in Use a utility knife, there should be a line near the tread to follow.Dont try to cut through in one try ,it cuts easy.
im talking like 235/75r15 or 31X10.50r15 becuase that would determine the the high of the sidewall (how far your chains stick out from the pole) then who wide the tread is (how deep your basket is)

i mean if i could find a 44/15.50r20 then i would have a huge basket but if i had a 195/85r14 i would almost have a mini basket

just trying to get something cheap but is close to regulation
I used a 235 r 15 . The chains are 20 in at the top the distance between the top side wall holding the chains and the top of the basket is 21 in. I measured a regulation basket and built my tire basket to match. Post some pics when your done
great idea. i too have literally hundreds of tires lying around where i live.(racing family) i will give your idea a try this weedend. looks like i should add an extra row of chains to reduce blow through.
Yes a extra row of chains will help,also I will use heavier chain on the next one
what size chain did you use originally?
not sure but too light,I will use the galvenized chain like a park basket that seems to be the ticket
well i cut my tire. flipping that thing inside out was quite a task:) but i got it. going to lowes tommorrow to get chains.
I cant wait to see the finished basket. Please post some pics when your done
i sure will. also i used the knife to cut a slit about an inch long on the side wall and pulled out my jig saw with a fine toothed blade (for metal) and finished the cut...like butter.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968