www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ok im not asking what is better the ROC or the BUZZZ. i am asking cause i have recently made the switch from BUZZZ to ROC and i have a problem with flippig the roc over a little bit and i was wondering if differnt plastics made them more stable or not? cause all i have thrown is dx and kc pro.

-short shorts

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The KC pro is one of the more stable rocs in 180g. The most stable rocs I have thrown are the battle roc and the 4X USDGC golw which are both expensive. When you throw your rocs try using a fan grip. Hope this helps.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Why not just stick with the Buzzz if that's working for you? Rocs always seem to flip for me too, so I throw Buzzz's.
alright, I'd say, if you like the feel of the dx and kc pro rock then keep using them , its not the plastic thats not letting you flip it with ease, its the degree of beatness, you wanna get one that is not necessarily looking like a wobble out bike rim , but you want one that has deff been through many rounds, the classic roc in my opinion is also a sweet disc , as for distance and flipping it I also dont really do, I stick with the regular DX/KcPro, I was the other way around, first disc to fall in love with was the roc , then the next mid range to fall in love with years later was a buzzz, then I made the switch, recently this past 4 months or so the Roc has snuck back in my bag, as well as the wasp for stability, but anyway , just find the right beat roc and you will get the turn over your looking for, ppl work for years to finely tune theyre rocs to turn just the right amount for the turnover they want. The dx has been mad in San Marino, Ontario, and Rancho Cucamunga Cracka Killas'
but what about champion and star plastic? are those more stable?
The Roc is actually more like a Wasp if you look at the edge design and depth of the rim. The Buzzz has no bead and is, I think more comfortable in the hand. I hope you didn't just switch because everyone thinks the Roc is so "cool". With all of the variations of Roc's it seems you have to throw about every mold and see what one you want for each different type of shot, so about $300 later you might find one you like. Just stick with a Buzzz and keep sweeping the Roc users off the floor..LOL. But seriously a lot of Innova guys if they have one Discraft disc in their bag, it's the Buzzz right there next to their Roc pile.
I just found out, that it's not just the plastic that makes for a diff. flight path. I just stick with the Champ. plastic, because of the shorter life with the DX, and Pro. Now the three diff. molds come into play. The San Marino (least stable), Ontario (slightly more stable), and the Rancho (most stable out of the bunch) Now out of all the plastics. They say the Pro is the most stable, but breaks in quicker. I throw a Champ (Rancho 175g) I find it to be more stable than the Buzz I had, and it was a first run. Which I understand is more stable than future Buzz's. I've hyzered a Roc into a fairly stiff head wind (10 to 15mph) and it didn't turn over. Can't say that about my Buzz.

P.S. I'm not bias to any disc co. If I like it I'll throw it!
I bet if you throw a Wasp into that headwind it will act more like that Rock because many people make the mistake of comparing the Buzzz to a Rock just because they are the most popular midranges by both companies. This would be like trying to compare the Wasp to a Buzzz, they are a different disc. A disc with a bead on the bottom is going to be more overstable!

Rescue said:
I just found out, that it's not just the plastic that makes for a diff. flight path. I just stick with the Champ. plastic, because of the shorter life with the DX, and Pro. Now the three diff. molds come into play. The San Marino (least stable), Ontario (slightly more stable), and the Rancho (most stable out of the bunch) Now out of all the plastics. They say the Pro is the most stable, but breaks in quicker. I throw a Champ (Rancho 175g) I find it to be more stable than the Buzz I had, and it was a first run. Which I understand is more stable than future Buzz's. I've hyzered a Roc into a fairly stiff head wind (10 to 15mph) and it didn't turn over. Can't say that about my Buzz.

P.S. I'm not bias to any disc co. If I like it I'll throw it!
Z -Drone and Super Roc !!!!
What??? That makes absolutely no sense.
If the buzz works for you then keep it... there isn't a rule to keep you from throwing both... use the roc in the situation where it's called for and keep the buzz for its purpose. personally I keep both in my bag... I use the buzz more than the rocs... but I still use the rocs when the situation calls for them... diversify...
hyzer flip it, give up 30 bucks for a rancho champ, or do what i did and get a gateway element. it's slowly becoming one of my favorite discs. it's beadless so it feels really comfortable in the hand. nice smooth release. straight flyer with little to no fade, and it will hold any line you want. roc's and buzzz's are not the only mids out there, they're just the most popular. i don't really care what the pros throw. especially if it doesn't work for me!
I have thrown all sorts of rocs; DX, Star, CE, you name it and in my experience they all throw different, for me it seems the more durable the plastic the more over stable the disc. If you are looking for something less flippy I would try to get my hands on star or champion plastic, unless you have the same situation as I do where the reason it flips is because of the rim hanging up on your hand. I found no matter what gip I use or how I throw a roc my it just never feels good in my hand so I throw a buzzz (to me it feels more like a driver). I have also found the 2008 ace race disc from Discraft to be a great mid as well, I have quite a few and carry two in my bag.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968