www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This small charter school in Riddle, Oregon, ran by a Southwest Oregon disc golfer, Al Springer, is on the verge of having its doors shut, leaving special needs students in Southern Douglas County with no external support to graduate and/or succeed!!
We need to band together as disc golfers with a cause and support this small cause! The district has threatened to shut down the alternative education program en lieu of a $50,000 deficit to the state for less students in regular classes for Riddle School District.
Honestly, in a small community such as Riddle, as many other small communities in Southern Oregon, students have nothing better to do for excitement than drink, smoke pot, or have sex, sometimes all three at the same time . . . all these activities are easier done without school to worry about . . .
REC is there as an alternative to encourage these would be drop-outs or social deviants, or just students who cannot handle the added stress of the obvious hurdles in attending Junior High or High School in a small town.
Some of these students are finding a new, exciting community besides the little town of Riddle, in Disc Golfing . . .
Let's show them what disc golfers have to offer!
Watch the video on my page or in videos (REC); post what you have to say here!

Tags: Oregon, REC, Riddle, Roseburg, Whistlers, charity, discgolforegon, myheartpumpsoil, school

Views: 6

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are right with your desire of more info, and you are right, the school needs a lot more than discs, (but discs are sweet, used or not). The school needs to come up with about $ 25,000 this year to stay open.
There are a number of ways to help us towards this goal.

The man to contact would be Al Springer (Executive Director/Coolest Teacher in the World)
Riddle Education Center
PO Box 300
Riddle, Oregon 97469
(541) 874-3202
cell: (541) 580-6387

Thanks for the concern, everybody

-Derek =)
2008 State of Jefferson Flipout League info on www.discgolforegon.com!!! All earnings, beyond player payout, go to the Riddle Education Center (REC)!!

I can't wait to be a part of this awesome league ranging from Weed, CA to Coos Bay, OR!!

-Derek
Thank you XEBECHE for the kind donation of discs!!! The kids were stoked, I'm sure!!! Very cool man; look me up if ya head south . . . I can make time to show ya Whistlers (and her 17 new alts) or Riverfront!

-Derek =)
Thank you, XEBECHE, for your kind donation of plastic! I'm sure that the kids were stoked!

Gimme a holler if ya decide to head south for a round or two!

-Derek

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968