The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We all know the words hyzer and anhyzer, but did you ever stop and wonder where they came from?
I thought it might be German for "Turn." Dacsh Unt Hyzer!!!
The only bit of info I got after some online searching was this:
According to the book “Frisbee” (ISBN#0-911104-53-4) by Dr. Stancil E.D. Johnson the term Hyzer is the discs angle of roll (Sideways tilt at “whelm"(the disc’s first period of flight)). The Hyzer Angle is named for H.R. “Fling” Hyzer, father of the “Flying Flutterball”.

I tried to verify that, but couldn't find another source to back up the claim that it was named after this H.R. Hyzer person.


Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gee whiz. I always thought hyzer was the left-over name since the "turnover" shot was what happened after you drank too many Anheuser-Busch beers...but then, I don't really remember that much of the 70s...guess I had too good of a time


Reply to Discussion


Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm — 1 Comment

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm



© 2015   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service