www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

4-8" of snow on the way. That's just great.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its not great this stinks. I ready for summer.
I was just getting used to being able to find my discs again. Dagnabbit!
Weather shows only a light chance of snow and some rain... There is currently a blizzard going through Nebraska. We average 2.5 inches of snow in April in the Mitten... Gotta love it!
National Weather Service

"
Winter Storm Watch
Sponsored by State Farm

Statement as of 4:03 PM EDT on April 04, 2009

... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday evening through
Monday afternoon...

The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a
Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Sunday evening
through Monday afternoon.

Rain will spread into the area late Sunday and then change to snow
Sunday evening as a low pressure system tracks into the area. This
snow may become heavy at times Sunday night... and then persist
into Monday before taper off to snow showers. Total accumulations
of 6 to 10 inches will be possible. North to northwest winds will
also gust to near 30 mph by Monday.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
"
this is horrible, my course is allready flooded on two holes. Why can't we get to the warm weather allready its about time.
It's just a part of this early spring, I knew it would snow again here. It will probably snow at least one more time before we get consistent summer weather. I have lived here for 28 years, I am used to it. at least my home course is a nice sandy base so it is never muddy or flooded, I love the seasonal change, I live in Paradise, I love disc golf!!!!
I just want to say I TOLD YOU SO to any one who doubted me. I told some people that it would snow on or after my birthday 3-31 and before tax day
well currently it looks great outside! blue skies in Plymouth at 8:30 am. What the hell?! This is bull@#$%
Well, crap. This blows. Although, I can't say I'm surprised. That's just weather in the midwest (stupid, stupid midwest...j/k).
/perspective... (but it'd be perfect if snow just stayed where its appreciated...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was like winning the Super Bowl. Alta 4.04.2009
The storm cycle since March 22 has produced over 160 inches of snow. That comes out to something like a foot a day for two weeks straight. My mind can't even begin to wrap itself around storm cycles like this--- so much snow in so little time.

I really didn't think it could get any better than it was yesterday, 3 days ago, 5 days ago, allllll those storms. but then today came. when i checked the snow report early in the morning, I saw that 18 inches of snow had been recorded on 0.36 inches of water. yeah, 2 percent. I thought maybe it was some kind of recording error or glitch. it wasn't. the snow continued to fall and the lifts opened to the loudest group of chair riders i've ever seen. All day, skiing under the lift meant choking on face shots while listening to people on the lift yelling and hootin' and hollerin'. riding the lift meant watching (and cheering on at the top of my lungs) some other lucky SOB get ten second long face shots, struggling to keep it up and slut it for the crowd while gagging and wondering when he'd get a chance to breathe and half-cough half-vomit all the snow out of his lungs, stomach, and mouth.

constant shoulder deep turns, Keyhole laps that can be explained only in a way string theory or infinity can be explained. jumping off everything in sight, the only worry being able to pop enough to clear rocks. falling, tumbling, looking like an idiot.... faceshot faceshot pop stomp. didn't matter. it all felt good and everything is a really good idea and should be done.

I don't understand it, I'm trying my hardest to remember every moment of it, and I am so damn thankful that I have the chance to experience this just once. The snow and the skiing was perfect. Getting to do it with people you love- divine.
Sweet! This is going to make my drive across the country even better.
We just got about 4" of the wettest snow ever. Lost a lot of branches. Many small trees and bushes around the yard have pancaked to the ground under the weight. 1-3" more coming. Still waiting to see if WCC is closed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968