www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am going to be in Southern Cal. for a week soon and was wondering what courses should I play. I'll be staying around Disney Land. Would love to meet up with some locals and play a round. Will be there on April 12th.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

La Mirada is 10 minutes north of Disneyland. Exit Beach or Rosecrans on the 5 freeway.
El dorado is near by, also a very good course. It is in Long Beach.
Whittier Narrows, Twila Reid, Frontier, and Liberty are all okay courses if you feel like seeing new/different courses that SoCal has to offer.
Im posting last years courses of SoCal, some are not listed but can be found easily enough.
http://www.hereandthere.com/DiscGolf_New/discgolf.htm
Attachments:
Don't forget about Huntington Beach
Now cent...play nice.

La Mirada and HB are obvious choices from you location. These are two of the oldest courses in existence, probably in the first 5 or 10 that had baskets. If you have time you could go north of Pasadena to Oak Grove - but it's a full daytrip. I'd play OG for the history, not because it's a great course. If you have time to come down to San Diego, Emerald Isle in oceanside is one of the best examples of ball golf/disc golf hybrid, and Morley Field in Balboa Park (San Diego) is another of the oldest courses and probably the most-played in the world.

Also, make sure to stop at Discovering the World, the flying disc store near La Mirada. Dan Mangone's been selling discs in the la mirada area for over 25 years.
Hey Dave
Why don't you tell us who you really feel LOL you can say that about almost every course on the planet, Twila, Frontier & Liberty are no goes but Eldo isn't that bad of a course.
I'll play a round at Huntington Beach with you if you want a local guide. Our weekly is Wed. at 5pm and the monthly will be Sat. April 5th at 10AM.
Safe travels to ya!
Chris Brophy
213-392-3118
Thanks for the offer Chris. I'll probably take you up on it. I'll give you a call once I'm out there. Thanks for all the responses, can't wait to play there.
I left H.B. off because that is the day of the Higher Flyers tournament. Course is closed the 12th, so making the trek would be to spectate. Much love to the course, and thanks Chris for the reminded of the monthly.
I'll be there through the 19th so I can probably play it one day while I'm there. My wife is going to be in a conference all week and I'm just coming to play golf pretty much.
I'm gonna' try and make it to the weekly at HB on Wednesday while I'm there. Will I be able to play in this or is it just for local club members?
i suppose i will have to take some notes and follow up with some of you cali guys because im from wisconsin but goin to be in cali roughly once a month for work so im going to have to start bringin a couple discs and possibly sneak in a few rounds when im not meeting with customers of mine. i was there a few weeks ago and can just imagine how nice some of the courses are with the different terrains you guys have.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968