www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

There's lots of land that's open and not in any hostile areas. I talked with a rep from Innova several years ago here in Las Vegas about it and it seems like a good idea to get the sport represented worldwide by our nations finest. I can understand not playing in Iraq or Afghanistan. But Kuwait or Saudi Arabia, or even Korea and Japan as well as Europe would be excellent for the sport. Let's talk to someone about sponsoring this and get the disks flying. Being retired military, I would have greatly appreciated this during my 25 years in service. thanxxx... Charlie from Vegas.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was in the coast guard.

but I think i saw in disc golf world magazine, that there was an Ice Bowl fundraiser that 6 servicemen from IRAQ donated and had an innova temp basket with them there. they had a picture of it even
Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I just spent a month in China and saw no place to put a course: They use every square foot of land for vegetables, to eat.

However, for American military men and women - yeah! It doesn't matter how UGLY the terrain is, there can be a disc golf course there.

It seems amazing, to me, that the military recreation folks have not figure out what we have to offer yet.
Possibly we should send info to the secretary of defense??? I don't know. The officers in the military are used to playing Golf (the original variety) but I would like to see the enlisted do something that a private can afford.
Morale, Welfare, and Recreation cordinators will be the people who implement the various activities that our troops can take advantage of. I don't think there is a standing order to not let the men and women play DG so I say contact the command MWR cordinators. Disc golf would be an easy solution to recreation in some of the foreign commands. Hope this helps.

P.S. Disc golf would also fit into recreation that has a level of excersise to it so the military would dig it.
MWR at the Kodiak, Alaska ISC/Airsta/Barracks have a 9 hole innova discatcher course.
I am writing from a company called Disc King that has recently gotten into the disc golf basket market. We would like to help in some way if anything gets organized. Please keep me informed if things progress!
Thanks!
www.discking1.com
My friend e-mailed me to let me know that he finally got a course put on GTMO Cuba...

http://www.jtfgtmo.southcom.mil/wire/WirePDF/v9/Issue%2012v9.pdf

check out page 17
The way in is through the volunteer organizations that support the troops. We sent discs to the marines in Iraq a few years ago through one of those groups. I don't know if it was our discs they were holding up in that DGWN article, but we did send them stock Magnets, among other things, and they had one in the picture.

I could find out from Diana how that worked, who organized that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968