www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Howdy! I have started the disc rolling to have a non-competetive girls only Monday night league this summer. My plan of attack is to start the night with a 20 minute lesson on some aspect of disc golf followed by a round for fun. I have been contacted by 11 brand new players thus far and am wondering if anyone else has done something like this before. Any and all suggestions, ideas, comments would be very appreciated.

Tags: competetive, new, non, only, players, women

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish there was something like that here
Where are you from Nubian?
This is an awesome idea, I've been trying to figure out ways for our association to start a women's league or find a way to get more involved.
We finished up our second year of Rocket Dawg Ridge Raiders. We have a solid dozen club members and have had over 30 women stop in and play a round. My girls have become a part of the Buffalo disc golf community by playing in tournaments, sponsoring tournaments, sponsoring new courses, running an end of the year tournament and raising money for local homeless dog rescues. In Aug '09, one of my girls won the intermediate division at the New York State Championships. Non- competetive is the way to go with the chicks.
That is so awesome to hear, I hope that we can get such a turnout for woman here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968