www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i cant think of anything other that i used to be a total metal head and now i find myself listening to the beetles and bob marley =D

i also use to play lots of video games and now all i do in my spare time is golf lol

too tell everyone how DG has changed you life

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have lost weight and keep loosing it, im a calmer person in general. even a bad day at the course is still a good day.
Disc golf has changed me in the fact that just about all I think about is disc golf.....I play just about everyday, especially now that the weather is up over 30 degrees. I'm starting a league and hoping to get it to turn into one of the largest leagues in MN with the ultimate goal of finishing my home course to 18 holes from the 14 that it is now. I will admit to finding myself enjoying softer, smoother music as well. All I have to say is when I am disc golfing there is nothing that could make me happier! And that SSSHHIIIIINNNGGGG of the chains never fails to put a smile on my face or completely motivate me......
DG makes me sad that there are limited hours of daylight in a 24 hour period.
move to shreveport la they have a 24 lit course! lol
I am hoping to get into shape with disc golf. I know that now, all i want to do is disc golf. I dream about my driving form and how i can get a few more feet in. I go play on my lunch breaks and im addicted to this website too. It has brought me and my boyfriend closer because he also plays. When he started teaching me how to play, he got his heart back into the game. Ive always listened to all kinds of music, so my musical taste hasn't changed but i find that i dont want to talk to anybody unless they play disc golf...lol.

Im also a lot calmer than i used to be. My temper is much better. I used to send heads rollin because the light turned red, now im cool...lol.
Now I buy black polo shirts instead of black t-shirts. ;)
I'm off the couch...:)
disc golf is one of my passions in life. Without it (during the long winter months in IA City) I begin to feel stir crazy very quickly and dream about throwing the sweet plastic. Connection with nature and time alone with friends rolled up (if you hear me) with some new frisbees is like heaven to me. I'm glad there are so many people who share my enthusiasm. Keep on throwing!
You are right. Being out there with nature calms most people and it gets you up off your hiny.
two and a half years ago I was a 39-40 yr old couch potato out of shape with a gut. I started getting more serious about my game and realized if i was gonna be even a little competative I'd need to change that. early in 2007 I bought a bowflex and began using it. I have since added some free weights, a stationary bike and some power tubes. I have seen alot of improvements in my game but also feel alot more relaxed in the rest of my life too. I am by no means gonna be competing in any body building competitions but have really leaned out alot. Now I feel weird all day if I haven't worked out in the morning. My drives are greatly improved! over 400' and climbing!
Wow. 400'. Im still working on getting through 150. LOL. I guess i got a long way to go
well most woman don't throw as far as most men. (I know that may not be politically correct but just stating the obvious) until i learned the x step I could barely throw 200. Unitl I started working out I could barely or rarely throw 300'. So just enjoy and it will get further!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968