www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i cant think of anything other that i used to be a total metal head and now i find myself listening to the beetles and bob marley =D

i also use to play lots of video games and now all i do in my spare time is golf lol

too tell everyone how DG has changed you life

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's gotten me foucused and to the outdoors. and also active?
i had a dream/nightmare the other night.
i was playing in a tournament and i was running late. so late i didnt have time to warm up or practice putting and i had to run to the first hole cause two minutes had gone off
then i woke up.
i was scared
that is an awesome movie - i think they made a dvd that has extra features and the guy with no arms and legs rolls a cigarette, lights it, and smokes it (did i mention he has no arms and legs) it's crazy.
No not at all, just the "one of us!!!" from DC reminded me of it. Yeah it doesn't take much to send me off on a tangent. Gotta hate that ADD.
yeah My OCD wuold be alot worse if not for my ADD!

LOL!
thats funny, and it reminds me of a dream-filled night i had last year. It was Friday night before the tournament even started and I was staying with the TD because the tournament was about 4 or 5 hours from home. So, I had arrived in time to play the course fairly extensively on Friday and I guess I was pretty worried about at least a couple of the holes that had a lot of O.B. problems. As I recall I basically tossed and turned for the better part of the night worrying and having nightmares about going O.B. When morning finally arrived, and I realized I hadn't gone out of bounds for real I was relieved. I concentrated really hard on playing those holes smart that day and that weekend, and I ended up doing really well. The funny thing is, I just went and played that tournament again. This time around I didn't get there until too late to scout the course on Friday night. But, I felt confident about my abilities to play the course because of last years happy ending. Well folks, thats when I get in trouble. Whenever I am overly confident or comfortable, things don't seem to go so well. And they didn't. Never assume you can repeat what you once did, just because you once did it.
That's out on DVD. Wow, I figured something like that would never happen due to political correctness.
DG gives me another way to spend time with my friends and coworkers. Teaching them to play gives us something to do outside of work besides talk about work. It also gives me a way to release stress and is cheaper than stick-and-ball golf.
It has got me out of the usual routine of my life..
-get up, shower..go to work.. come home .. sleep.
I will admit that it has caused some "friction" with the lady in the house but.. I find myself so much more of a happier person after I get done playing a few rounds after work. ... and it's free.. for the most part.
I've spent way too much money on plastic, but the upside is the fitness factor i spose. Like you guys have said, other hobbies have taken a bit of a backseat to disc golf, but if you're enjoying what you're doing, why not?
Since day one,
make myself better
and the sport.
I think about disc golf all the time...Everywhere I look I judge if it would be a good place for a course

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968