www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i think bowling green this year was horrible it was ran extreamly poorly and the pay outs where so awful 1st place of int only recieve 75 funny money and this crappy coffee mug that u can hardly read what it says. i mean when u beat out 200 people you think you would get alittle bit better trophy anyone feel the same way about this tournament

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BG did suck...my buddy was 36th in the same div. -1= 36 bux. what happen to all of the sponsor money they claim to have.And get your payout was nuts but with that many ppl not sure how to fix that.
I played advanced. Did not like the courses (phil moore and franklin) this year I thought it was too much of a big arm contest. Bring back the Original Four (Hobson, White, Ker and Lovers) for advanced. Next year I'm planning on not playing the AM and checking out the Open instead. At the NT they still have the Pros play the original four courses which says a lot.

My travel buddy and I actually DNF'd and played Idlewild instead on Sunday on our way back up to Michigan.
So, what was in the player pack? Bunch of good stuff, I expect. Close to or more than the entry fee in value? How many played the division? How deep did they pay in it?

This was the Am tournament right? Ams complaining about payout...I've always loved the irony of that. At least it was funny money. When I played the BG Open (01 and 05), I got handed a tall stack of plastic for my finishes. No complaints at all, it was a fair haul, just not a lot that I found useful or interesting. Gave most of it away each time...at least with funny money you get some level of control about what you take home.

BTW...BG Am Open has always ALWAYS been a method of raising money for the Pro tournament. The ams still get well compensated for their efforts (great player pack, great courses, a free party and deep payouts in huge divisions) but the bulk of the "sponsorship" goes to the pro event and their purse.
Oh, and you should have known going into BG that the payouts are weak. All of your entry fee is used on the players packs. You should be happy to even get a payout.
You guys should be a female in BG...you could get twice as screwed. 8 in Int. Women and they only paid out 1 and 2. Does that sound like 40% to you? Not to mention the winner of Int. women got a coffee mug, a mini, and a san marino roc w/ a dx sonic.

Basically I just wanted to chime in and say I agree w/ you all about the "biggest" am tourney. I would rather just stick to my local tourney's in TN, GA, And AL. We usually have a better pay out across the board and it is run much smoother.
I saw on a thread in the SN forum that Advanced and Intermediate players got - among other things - four very nice discs as part of their players pack. That goes a long way toward recouping the entry fee. I know others disagree, and I respect differing opinions, but when playing Am I am hugely in favor of a big players pack and smaller payouts to top finishers. When payout as a finisher starts to matter a lot to you, it's maybe time to play for cash :)
yeah i have 2 agree, nice players package rules and it will always help bring newbies into discgolf,ive got more plastic than i know what 2 do with. if you want a good payout make side bets with your friends or throw c.t.p for your( disc pink-slips) thats a real nice payout with gonadez. but horrible really? i had alot of fun
Eh..move up to Pro if you want to play for/complain about pay-outs. Don't forget player's pack, pdga fees, lunches. Step up so I can get paid more in Pro..
"i had a lot of fun"

That's the key: I couldn't go :(
I could care less about the payout...I took 34th out of 200 Intermediates and got $21. Oh well. I play for the competition.
Aside from that...yes the trophies were very cheesy. I would have expected a little more thought gone into them.

I was a little unhappy that the scores weren't posted online during the weekend. It makes it hard to follow the action And the score boards set up at the player party were outside in the dark with no lights on them. You can have only so many people holding up lighters in order to read names and not burn someone.

And the player pack was not up to par for what I expected. The packs weren't consistant. I understand the difference between the divisions. But there were intermediates I knew that received different things.
I received 2 DX Destroyers and a Gateway Magic. But some got SS FLX Surges, Some got Pro Destroyers, Some got DGA Shockwaves. A few didn't get any DX discs others got at least 1 DX disc.
It got to the point I didn't know what the INT player pack was supposed to consist of. Otherwise I might have assumed mine was just a mistake.

The tournament was however fun. As it always is. The new rating breaks made it interesting. There were those 934 INT players and 899 Rec players that assumed they would come in and dominate the divisons. It was fun seeing a few over cocky ones fold under the competition. Maybe thats just me.

I had good groups all weekend and met some great people. The weather was great considering what all the forcasts were saying. I'll be back again next year. And hope to improve my finish.
Thanks to Ernie for handling the stress of 720 players.
Actually it was 3 discs. 2 DX in most all packs. even in adv. BG is one thing and one thing only, a Worlds qualifier. They are lucky they have 8 courses to handle the numbers because really thats the only reason everyone shows up yr after year. NUMBERS. Then the big sponsors come in and have special goodies that you can only get @ BG.How many of you got a FIrst RUN Excalibut or those sparkle buzzes for BG only. Yes that didn't come from the tourney but it is a product of it so you have to take that into account. Yes I complained some too and the players packs weren't as fat as some people would like to believe cuz Every disc was dx value. Very few got the Pro Destroyers. And Notice the one guy defending the fact that the AMS support the PRO tourney sounded a lot like hes been a pro for a couple years. To bad being pros they can't support themselves. Lest take away from the Women and new players so we can support the people we know aren't going any where. Not to grow the sport. Let the rich get Richer. But when you reflect Don't complain about how bad a tourney with 750 people is run till you do it. That had to have been hard. Yes their direction books were pretty WITH THE WORST FREAKIN DIRECTIONS EVER. PS BG( No one cares how pretty your book is if you half ass your FREAKIN DIRECTIONS)
Still we all had fun though right. And after you've been there a couple years and know theres NO payout you can enjoy BG for what it is EVERYTHING ELSE. St
Probably not enough volunteers..
I wasnt even there but thanks to all who did. And to all who didnt, next time, take a second to help with scoring, ask them what you can do. Will make an unimaginable difference in getting things done.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968