www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i want to add some inner chains to my discatcher sport. anyone have any good ideas, places to purchase, and/or how to install them?

thanks a lot

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

home depot,lowes,any harware store.#30 5/16" zinc plated chain is probably the closest match to the existing chains.
Grant does the sport have an inner ring that they could hang from? if so it will be easy. I added inner chains to my instep baskets. got galvanized links in @ the same size as my originals. I found 17 feet was sufficient to add 7 inner chains on mine. then all u need are some s hooks to attach on the top and bottom. count the linksdown to @ where u would want the chain to stop leave two links to form a ring then count th same amount back up. do that three times then do one single for the 7th. Worked out perfect for both my insteps. the catch a disc just as well as any permanent basket I've ever shot at. even better in my opinion than some.

This brought my baskets to a 21 chain count. most of the baskets I shoot at our local courses are mach 2's with 18 chains.

Hope that helps.
I've got inner chains on my DCsport. I'll try to take a few pics and post them. I just guessing, but I think it cost me around $25 bucks for chain, cable clamps and a cable loop at the bottom. The way I have it set up, it catches as well as a basket that cost significantly more (I have a Chainstar and a Holsten).
my newer discatcher sport catches really well without addtional chains. When I first got it I contemplated puting on more chains but decided against it. IMO....If it doesn't catch as well for practice it will force to make "better" putts and you will have less spit outs during your rounds on the course. just a thought.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968