www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hello everyone, I'm a disc golfer in Temecula ca and am looking for other players intrested in setting up/installing a course in our area. Temporary, perminate, public or private, on existing golf courses or in the fields. Just want to play w/out having to drive 1hr or more.

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would like to ride to redlands some time with you...only played Morley and Montiel. Just have to make a plan of it in advance.
As for the disc, I just took a lil heat off of it...granted at 220ft to the goal I could have used a panther or other mid range or multi disc. Just felt better to take a little off as I was being consistant.
Distance...never really worried about it as for my shoulder and neck injuries. However I once threw from tee 1 at Morley and landed in the fairway on 11 hahahahaahaaaa. But I know from 4 at Montiel i cleared the street past the tee on 8.
Talked to the city planning office for parks and recreation for Murrieta today and she says that they are gathering the info for the upcomming changes and additions for the area. This info includes surveys from land owners near the parks, as well as surveys of use by the public as to making changes or creating new parks. Currently people living near parks in Murrieta DO NOT want their parks changed to ACTIVE parks or the addition or parking either by lot or on their streets. Also the survey numbers indicate that the citys people are requesting a pool #1 and a BMX track #2. They have already made grassroot movements to obtain a course and there just wasn't enough support, but it might be the best way other then making our own and charging people like morley.
Waiting to hear back from Temecula officials about a city supported course. Will try more citys near us as I get answers back.
You're taking the correct first steps, Keith. I'm not surprised that surveys would come back with pools #1 and BMX #2. It's so hot out there that a community pool is an obvious choice, of course they cost hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) and can only be used during summer months. I would expect to hear BMX because of the large number of dirt bike enthusiasts in the desert area, but BMX only serves a small slice of ages.

Is there a Parks Commission that meets in public monthly or quarterly? I'd be happy to work with you on a presentation for a group like that - I have lots of data on costs of disc golf vs. other park facilities, ages and numbers of users, other cities in California with courses, etc. You have to show them that the up front cost is nominal and that it's kind of a "If you build it, they will come," sort of thing.

Keep it up!
Theres a lady on the Lake Elsinore planning commish her name is CJ and her ph# is
1-951-674-5712, she was trying to get some kind of bill passed to make it easyer to put Discgolf in the local area. you might want to give her a call.,
The lady at the Murrieta didn't say that they hold any monthly/quartly meetings of any kind and that the decisions are made by the surveys of the local homeowners and public surveys as to useages. Also that the number crunch will be done and to be presented in a few monthes, june or july i think she said.
So our best bet for Murrieta is to get in on ground zero for the next go round. Of course we have a lot of small townships here and I will call them all. As soon as we have an in I would love to put some numbers in front of them and would appreciate the help Rizbee.
Going to call Temecula again today they didn't call me back, also going to follow up Jacks lead in Lake Elsinore. I'm sure if one of these city planners would let us present we would have a good chance of getting a set up.
Also the more people we have the better so lets see if we can get some support from other players, even other course directors like Pierson down in Morley. We show them #s of people that = $ they will be additionally encouraged to listen to us.
Hi, If you are interested in putting a course in a ball golf course, I would suggest you contact www.fly18.com, when I moved to the area there wasn't any discgolf in the I.E. This company was able to negociate, design, and install the course at no cost to me or the city... The course was in place for 2 years and is now in plan to relocate it somewhere else in the City...
By the way, we have a very nice, challenging 18 hole safari course in Redlands. We have a 20 minute discgolf clinic with top pros before each round to help participants improve their game fast. We meet Wednesdays at 4:30, schedule could be modified if a good group of guys from out of town plan to come, we could also help with some gas $ to alliviate the trip costs, just let me know....
Got the ball and am still runnin with it guys...got a meeting for proposal on the 19th. Must keep the rest under my hat till we have tee's and goals in the ground and we can play. But I will let yall know what I can when I can!!!
judging by that statement it sounds like you have found a site to put something in the ground, let us know how things work out and if we can be of any help.
We had a meeting at a location I cannot disclose untill we get a definitive yes or no, the powers that be are doing some number crunching and we are waiting to be called back for this monthes meeting. I will post an answer as soon as possible.
In the city of Murrieta the public parks are being set by public priority and they will be spending their money 1stly on a public pool, then 2ndly a BMX track. We are down a ways on the list according to the parks and planing manager.
Temecula speciflicly, as I was communicating w/them I began looking into the option I'm persuing.
As for public support, if the powers that be ask for something of a "customer estimate" I would love to put together a list of local players that would frequient the course should the contract get signed. Currently not necessary but it may come in to play...WILL KEEP YALL POSTED...keep your fingures crossed.
hey man
any updates on any progress...have you seen the new golf course at Pachanga...WOW if we could get a course setup there that would be awsome.
INCASE YOU HAVENT HEARD

Fly18 HAS INSTALLED IN HEMET CA!!! Now anouncing that my persistance along with the recources and experiance from one AWESOME friend (Reese) we have designed and installed a disc golf course on Echo Hills Golf Course in Hemet CA. Tenative for Saturday November 22, 2008 at 11:00am Grand Opening.
The address is 545 E. Thornton Ave. Hemet, CA 92543. Pro shop phone number is 951-652-2203. The fees are as follows: 6AM-3PM Walking 9 Holes = $6, 18 Holes = $9; 6AM-3PM w/a Cart 9 Holes = $12, 18 Holes = $15. 3PM till Dusk UNLIMITED play for $6, w/a cart $12. Rentals are $4 for a driver and putter. Legends, discs (rental and for purchace) upon grand opening (TO BE CONFIRMED time and date). Snacks, and refreshments including cold beer at the proshop. I would like to hear back from any players intrested in leage/tourny play to vote for best day of week and month for said events. THANK YOU ALL for your patience in this endvor!

Let me clarify this is on a 9 hole Golf Course.

mrkeithguther@hotmail.com Delete Comment

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968