www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been thinking about getting my kids( toddlers) a mini basket for them to play inside. I would love feedback/ thoughts about them. I know Innova makes one. Does any other company make one?? Is the innova basket nice??? does it work well? durability??

thanks for the input

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wham-O makes an inexpensive one. It's only $24.95 and comes with 6 discs. The only problem with it is that the chains have a high rate of blow through. It looks easy enough to put an inner set of chains on it. I haven't done so since I rarely use it (too small of an apartment). I got mine from here: Wham-O Mini Frisbee Golf Set

I have a gold colored metal mini mach 3-it's sweet, i think 125$, might not be sold anymore.
I own the Innova mini basket and the kids and I love it. I mainly bought it for display on my "disc shelf" but we throw the minis at it every now and then. Th e innove one is a little expensive (I've seen other brands and alot cheaper) but nothing looks as good as the Innova Mini basket. Good luck on the purchase!
I have the a couple of the gold DGA Mach.5s and a couple of the Innova mini DisCatchers.

The DGA Mach.5 is by far the better one. $85:

http://discgolfassoc.com/phmini.html

The Innova one is okay, and I'm a big Innova honk, but I think it would bend and possibly break if a toddler were mauling it. The Mach.5 is solid and would definitely hold up better.

I could see tiny fingers get stuck and broken in the basket wires of either, though.
I have one that is pretty sweet and really fun to have around the house for rainy days or just whenever I have the itch to play but can't get out. Mine is a custom made mini basket made out of pvc piping and all the rest is made out of frisbee. Has an inner set of chains and an outer.

http://discgolf.gottagogottathrow.com/catalog/mini-sota-pole-hole-b...
Hey Peter,

I don't know how they hold up, but I imagine the Innova mini Discatchers are quite durable. The are snap ins, so set up and take down is very easy and stackable. And in terms of catchability I think they are the best--certainly the best chains. I'm waiting for the Canadian dollar to catch a little more value before I order one...

As for mini putters I have found the Discraft mini Ultrastar to be the best, although the Innova dx mini areo is also quite good.
i would go with the wham-O or the custom one there cheap and fun

gadda silence those chains tho cuz you know when the todlers are sleeping you will be playin mini golf in the house =]
I have one of the Wham-o sets and they catch OK. The real question here is, are you really buying it for the kids or just the big kid? If it is indeed for the kids the Wham-o is great and there will always be a time for upgrading in the future. My 3 yr old and and the 36 yr old kid in the house both enjoy the it. If you putt for the pole you won't get nearly as many blow throughs, but I'm confident you know this already!!

Have fun!! It's what you make of it!!
I'm thinking about getting mini baskets for myself, since i live in a small apartment, yeah it would be good for the kids
are the dga and innova baskets the same dimensions??? need to get one soon.
Yes, check out www.minidiscgolf.com. We have the only basket that will not rust or discolor and is intended for outdoor use. We have 4 permanent mini disc golf courses in South Central Pa. with these baskests . Made from all stainless Steel including the chains. They are the best mini basket on the planet. If you are intereseted, get hold of me. Also visit my Discgolfers page for lots of pictures and videos on this subject. Donnie Brooks, MDGF#.00001 PDGA#15252 Mini Disc Golf Federation and minidiscgolf.com PS. for (indoor) play the Innova basket and the DGA basket are good and work well.
what a cool site.....thanks for the info.....Looking for an indoor only for my toddlers....your permanent baskets are sweet!!!! wish I could afford one! which do you think (innova or dga) is made more solid for toddler abuse and little fingers????

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968