www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Nao and Yosh and I run a league of handicap singles mini in some of the less used parks downtown Toronto, playing 27-hole courses of object golf through some fun and varied terrain. We play mostly at night so we tape those bobber lights on to our minis. We call it the Glowie Urban Mini League--G.U.M.

We prefer the first run Innova mini drivers for their long distance stability--Nao aced one hole that was at least 230'. The turnover/roller/long approach/short drive disc in the mini bag is the Innova dx mini Aero--holds a beautiful straight stable line. And the putter we love is the Discraft mini Ultrastar. We play with at least three minis, usually packing at least one more driver because on one hole the Island green is devastating.

In St. Thomas the Whorled Disc Syndicate runs the Whorled Championships on the very best temp mini course--perhaps one of the best courses period--that I have been going to for three years now, and every year I bring another convert to the mini cause, and every year we finish better and better. I'm hoping to lead a convoy of Toronto mini freeks down this September.

Anyone else out there as coo-koo for cocoa puffs as we are? Anyone else running mini leagues or tournaments. Anyone in urban settings putting the lights on and playing childish games after dark?

Anyone interested in our mini activities is encouraged to email me and get in touch. Maybe you're in town and there's time for mini?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mister Bee, why yes I am a mini freak and we have begun to play at night in a park across the street. Do you ever talk to Sullivan or is he ousted? The reason I ask is I have a 1978 canadian open lid (glow) with the Islands on it and the ferry map. One of our UfOs has contracted esophogus cancer and we are going to have a big disc sale and fundraiser on UFOSdg.org I think either you or Sully would pay top dollar for a good cause, we are trying to pay some of his bills, he has only a year to live they tell him, he's younger than me! Talk to me bro, 707-583-3712 Jah Chupa out
My girlfriend is working on a set of portable mini tone polls for one of her final projects in an art class.
Brantford now has a new mini league MENTL (Mini Enthusists League) lets get out there and throw some mini!!!
hey now,check out fellow discgolfer/minidiscgolfer Donnie Brooks.Mini Disc Golf Federation,www.minidiscgolf.com. The great state of Pa. Strasburg,Pa Peace
Good call, Mr. Ed.

I live in Lancaster, PA about 15 minutes from Donnie Brooks and 10 minutes from 3-time World Mini Champ Linc Morgan. I've been a member of MDGF since its inception and have been fortunate to live in a city where we have 5 permanent mini courses and have been playing mini since 1988.

Mister Bee I suggest following the link to the MDGF site and possibly contacting Donnie. He's a mini fanatic and also sells top of the line mini baskets.

If any of you mini fanatics are down this way be sure to reach Donnie and schedule a round at his course it is the best in the World.
wait hold on. you're not talking about marker mini discs are you?? if not then what other kind of mini discs are there?
Just watched that youtube video! Mini disc golf is hilarious, I can't believe you guys do that! Don't get me wrong I bet its fun and stuff but after all these years of disc golf I've never heard of mini tournaments. Question: Why mini disc golf over normal?
cool to see me and the MDGF all over the place. Mini Disc Golf Rules. and Lancaster county Pa. is the Mini Disc Golf Mecca of the world. Get on board.
Blaze said:
Just watched that youtube video! Mini disc golf is hilarious, I can't believe you guys do that! Don't get me wrong I bet its fun and stuff but after all these years of disc golf I've never heard of mini tournaments. Question: Why mini disc golf over normal?
Blaze, Mini Disc Golf is a blast and in our neck of the woods it is very competetive. We have 8 permanent Mini Disc Golf Courses in Pa. One thing about Mini Disc Golf is that you can put a course in a smaller area and it is has much less impact on the enviroment. Cime join us sometime and you will see what the Mini Disc Golf experience is all about. FUN!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968