www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

As an intermediate disc golfer, I am wondering what everyone would say their greatest tip would be, whether it is about driving longer/straighter, putting more accurate, or just a general tip about the game.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the best things you can do to improve your game is to play with some really good golfers. Just observing someones game can teach a ton about the game, plus it's going to open your options and let you become more versatile.. And don't be afraid to ask, us dgolfers are almost always willing to give some advice. I am blessed to live in one of the top disc golf areas in the U.S. and seeing Climo on the course is a daily thing. So if you get the opportunity to play with some better people don't pass it up.. I think it will really turn your game on, it has for mine! Good luck and keep dgolfin
I read this thread yesterday morning before I went to a Maryland Monthly series tourny. I payed close attention to the putting and when to go for it and when to lay up advise. I ended up winning the Int. Division. Thanks to all who have posted and remember to Play for fun.
See ya all out on the Course.
If your a backhand righty thrower...work on developing your forehand shot.
too many times I see people try a backhand shot that they cant get to turn right at the end where a nice forehand shot would have been just the trick.

some good tips here. thanks y'all.
tomahawk/hammers are a great throws to have. i also love a good turbo putt. it is great in a
pinch and for tight spots.
Practice your weakness.
I would reccomend playing a whole practice round just with your midrange and putters, learn how to throw them, and youll be suprised that you dont always need to grab for ur drivers!
i have been playing disc golf since the early 80's and have played with thousands of players,watched good .average and new players and found that now matter how you play,you will play better golf if you can throw a bad shot and not get mad,keep your cool,love to. play the game,and you will score better
glad this was brought back up top.
something else I heard awhile back and try to do is immediately after a shot start thinking about the next shot. what line are you going to take? what disc? pull that disc out as your walking up and start to visualize the shot before you are even standing there.

something Ive started to do that helps also is if I am laying up.. to try and think about what side of the basket I want my disc to be on. especially if its windy. I don't know about y'all..but I seem to putt better downhill or with the wind at my back. so I try and avoid a lay-up that puts me with an uphill putt or against the wind.
funny how a little thing like thinking about that and being able to follow thru can shave a few strokes off your game.

something I try and do is also never forget that you can get better. you can always learn something new if you dont get too full of yourself. one way to do that is help someone else. and then ask someone better than you for some tips or to play a round together.
once you think your done learning..its over.
Eric I agree that it is important to consider placement before you throw, now I just need to get my disc to land where i pictured.....
Uphill putts are difficult............I always hated them and found it hard to feel comfortable when my lead foot was higher than my back foot. My center of gravity was off, I was missing most of my putts 20' and out.......Now I use a straddle putt in these situations and am seeing a great improvement.
100 putts in an hour-what are you putting with Discus's?

Get 10 Putters same weight/plastic etc. I use Wizards 174-175 Soft. Practice putting for 30-60 minutes daily. 250 putts in 30 Minutes. 500 putts in an hour. Discover your "Range" for putting. Range being the maximum distance away from the Basket where you can accurately and comfortably hit putts. My range is 28'. I'm hoping to be at 35' by the end of the season. Last year it was 20'.
Putting Putting Putting
One of the biggest things that has helped me over the years probably more than anything else (aside from tons of practice) is playing with people that are better than me as often as possible. The more you watch someone play that is consistently better than you, the more you learn on what works and doesn't work with certain techniques.

Also, when playing with someone better than yourself, you have a mindset to play harder and push yourself more than you would if you were playing with someone that you are much better than. Other pluses is that better players tend to make better decisions and that is contagious usually.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968