www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi everyone, I just wrote to ESPN having them cover some of the tournaments or championships. I think we can have a major effect on them if we all write and ask. Make sure to tell them how fast our sport is growing. Just go to espn.com and go to contact us. Thanks everyone. I don't know about you, but I would love to watch this great game on TV.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flood them!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/usmail

That page has e-mail contact information also.
I'd love to see Lee Corso don the ears, picking Climo to win the USDGC
Just put my thoughts down to ESPN. Hope they come through for us!

Jordan
sent an email. thanks for posting this. I'd love to see ANY more coverage of disc golf events on tv or any form of regular media that normally covers sports but neglects disc golf.
sent mine....keep on bugging them!
Put some links in your email to some of the cooler videos in here, that'll engage their vision.
It nice to see ppl have the same thoughts that i have. I have called espn and talk to a few ppl about covering disc golf, they know alot about disc golf and its events. In the end it comes down to they will not do ne this with disc golf do to the fact it isn't big enough at this time.(ppl and money) I also tried to get them to let me write about the events and a story on disc golf but they wouldn't lets that happen either. I truely think no matter how much we try to get them to do this it is up to the pdga and the TD of these events to try to make them bigger then they r now. REMEMBER IT STARTS AT THE LOCAL LEVEL. If you can get on your local news why should u be on the national news? I truely think this can be done but it will take everyone to get this done.If ne one want more info about this plz e mail me ill be happy to talk about this.
I'll email a friend of mine here in Charlotte who happens to work for ESPN. Hopefully he can pull some strings and get something, anything going to get disc golf on the station. Just have to find his business card.
I read that you need a 60k purse to be on fox sports and 100k purse for espn. someone was brought in the pdga and his soul purpose is to contact sponsers and try to make it happen. We will see.
Here is the response I got. Many of you either have or will receive the same.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for contacting us.

Thank you for your idea. ESPN has a policy in place
that does not allow
us to accept for review or consideration any ideas,
suggestions, or
creative materials not solicited by us or our
subsidiaries. However, we
appreciate you taking the time to write in your
suggestion.

For live assistance with this or any other issue,
please call Customer
Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 7:00 am and 2:00
am EST.

Regards,

Michael
ESPN.com Customer Care
actually mine was a tad different. hmm...

"We value feedback and suggestions from our fans. Your suggestion
regarding disc golf is very much appreciated and will be forwarded to
the appropriate department for review."

Regards,

David
ESPN.com Customer Care
Here is mine:

Hey disc golfer,
Thanks for the feedback but your sport is in it's infancy. When disc golf has been around for 200 to 300 years then call us.
Jake
ESPN.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968