www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi everyone, I just wrote to ESPN having them cover some of the tournaments or championships. I think we can have a major effect on them if we all write and ask. Make sure to tell them how fast our sport is growing. Just go to espn.com and go to contact us. Thanks everyone. I don't know about you, but I would love to watch this great game on TV.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you're right on.
There's probably room for us here (obscure dodgeball movie joke):

USDGC at Torry Pinesss! on espn the ocho
Right now there are 10,000 current members... if the PDGA took 10.00 out of each persons dues thats 100,000 cash that could/should be added to the purse at the Worlds.... sounds feasable to me a 40,000 1st place prize might turn some heads.
Where did you get your moneytary figures. They (espn) has some of the lamest crap on their station. Who in the heck goes to or plays lacrosse? Women's soft ball is another one that gets played on espn. The only way that espn will put on sports is that they get paid to put it on the air. For over 25 years they have ignored our game. Too bad. But what would it bring us, more players, getting assigned tee times, pay to play?????
Shouldn't a lot of the seed money that will help the sport grow be coming from the disc manufacturers, and to a degree from the basket manufacturers as well? Right now, they are getting a FREE benefit of all the promotion that the PDGA is doing for the sport.
And the PDGA gets promotion from the "PDGA Approved" on the back.

I would like to see a $1 fee from every entry in a PDGA event sent to Pro Worlds.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968