www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

5 years for myself and in the next 7 years I have 30 in total.
I got my first ace a little over a year after I started playing and mine also snaked through all trees on hole #1 at Cass Benton (a few days before my birthday too!)
hey now,but the memories we have/remember from those early days are PRICLESS!

Bill Burns said:
Some of you may find this hard to believe, but I don't have any recollection of my first ace. It happened sometime in the late 1970s, I'm sure.

The ones of you that don't find it hard to believe either know me well, or have made generalizations about the memory status of those who played "frisbee" in the 1970s. :>S
Kendra and I began playing in August of 2007, and I just got my first ace on Saturday (2/7/09). So it took me a year and a half. Glad it finally came. My dad, who began in July of 2007 already has 5 aces that all came in the first year. We play alot too...anyway...Getting the 1st was quite a memorable moment...especially having splashed out of chains, skipped into baskets, bounced of the side of baskets so many times.
First one about 4 months after I started playing...skip ace on a 225' foot hole (2007). Three in four weeks the spring of 2008...none since.
First object ace came in 1986 about 10 or 15 rounds after the neighborhood kids made a neighborhood object course. Didn't play on a course with baskets until 1992. I also slacked off for a couple of years until i found out that my home town had a basketed course, Veterans Park. The old course at Veterans was much more manicured, but much longer so i had no basket ace until the redesign. The course was redesigned in the summer of 1997 and i hit my first basket ace in Feb of 1998. It was Hole 10 (as it stands now) from the concrete tee to the long basket with a 176g pink Cyclone. Booooooom!
Object Hole . Telephone Pole . 1974.
started in 06 took me two years to ace a hole did it with my brother and dad still want to ace one backhand my only ace was with a sidearm
Well I started playing around the spring time in 2008. I started buying discs here and there and finally got hooked along with my brother. We bought each other dg bags for Christmas (cute, I know) because we were starting to get serious about it. We played in our first doubles tournament Sunday, February 8, 2009 and I aced a 185 footer with my Champion Leapord.

So lucky me! Less than a year :)
My_Hero said:
First object ace came in 1986 about 10 or 15 rounds after the neighborhood kids made a neighborhood object course. Didn't play on a course with baskets until 1992. I also slacked off for a couple of years until i found out that my home town had a basketed course, Veterans Park. The old course at Veterans was much more manicured, but much longer so i had no basket ace until the redesign. The course was redesigned in the summer of 1997 and i hit my first basket ace in Feb of 1998. It was Hole 10 (as it stands now) from the concrete tee to the long basket with a 176g pink Cyclone. Booooooom!

I stand corrected....it was Jan 19, 1998. Hole 10 is 291 feet up a 40 foot hill with a few trees on top of the hill that you must throw over in order to ace the basket on the plateau. I hucked a pink 176g Cyclone over the trees and a second later we heard a faint "Ching." I got a little excited but then realized that a foursome was putting out on Hole #8 and we probably just heard one of their putts. Dang. We slowly climbed the hill and turned the corner only to see a PINK disc in the basket. BOOOOOOOOM! I feel a little robbed b/c it's a blind hole and the little bit of excitement was short lived once we spotted the other golfers two fairways over. Nonetheless, it was my first basket ACE! Boooooooooooom! Here's a pic.

I hit an ace seven months after I started playing. It was a nice flat shot with a Champion Leopard on a 190' hole. Was playing with a couple of local college students.
Been playing for about a year and a half now and Ive hit the basket so many times, but last monday on a 275 ft. hole BAM right in. It was AWESOME !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968