www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha you guys are gunna hate me
i git my first ace 2 weeks after i started with a star wraith sidearm drive on hole #3 riverfront dgc roseburg oregon sonce then i have gotten 9 more at that course and that was a year ago so 10 aces in a year 8 with a star wraith 1 with a champ monster and 1 with a star destroyer (R.I.P.) but yeah i guess i just have good luck idk i make people mad when i tell them how many i have hit in a year and they tell me they have played 10 years and havent got one
but they can all still whoop me in a game so it doesint make me a better player just to hit aces
About one year....

I started playing disc golf in 1996, and hit my first ace 1 year later in 1997 #8 SSU Cotati CA. I didn't get another one until 1999

Since then I have hit 23 more Aces on baskets, with 4 tournament aces at PDGA events bringing the total to 25, which was hole #17 (short) at Shady Oaks, Orangevale CA. I have hit 2 Aces on the same day twice. I have 39 tone pole aces at Bidwell Park.

How? Just like another player mentioned you have to throw past the target if you are going to have any chance of making it in.

I think the reason I hit lots of Aces is because I always play aggressive while trying to bring myself back from some stupid mistake by getting a birdie to make a stroke or two back. Because of those aggressive shots I have made an average of one Ace about every two to three months apart for the past 8 years.
It also helps to play on tone poles in between playing on baskets of course. But as someone else said, an ace is an ace.

Just try to throw at something or a point just behind the target and things will happen....

Good luck ....... and don't be afraid to go for it!
agreed
just go balls to the wall
dont worry about parking it infront of the basket
altho most of my aces have been skip aces lol......
I have 1 ace in 7 years. All the courses i play are long are technical. I aced #7 at Barfield Crescent over the water with an Orc.
Started playing disc golf in August of 2003. Hit two aces on the same day with the same disc in a tournament in 2005. Then my next one was in June of 2006. Now, nothing since then. I just think its all a matter of luck. Some skill is involved, I mean you have to throw the disc in the right direction but outside of those rare individuals on Youtube who have over "280" aces, aces are pretty rare. Don't get down on yourself just because you haven't hit an ace yet. It'll come, just BE the DISC.
I have had one ace in 4years since I have been playing all the time. However I have had several blast chains and many more hit baskets. It will be sick when it happens just hang in there. Even my 7 year old came unglued when I hit mine. High fives all around. I agree that guy should have bought a case of beer at the very least for taking all your money.
I need some of this talk to rub off on me. I have been playing since 1979 and NEVER had an ace to this day. I average about 3-4 over par so I'm not horrible but I just cant get it to happen. Hopefully soon before I get too old!
I found the best game in the world when my buddy, Benny, drug me to our local Riverfront DGC the last week of March '07 . . . not even two weeks later . . ."DONNNNGGGGGG"!!!!!! Tone pole ace on tightly wooded 260 footer. Hole # 9 is now a basket. At the time, Benny hadn't any aces . . . he was happy for me, but kinda pissed! lol

-Derek (5 aces deep now, ready for another) ;)
Two of my five aces are skip-aces with the same Banshee 10 days apart, same hole . . . going through the chains with an ace pot at stake 5 days after the second of the two!!!
7-5-07 and 7-15-07 (hole #8 Riverfront DGC); a month later hitting #14 at Riverfront for my first and only basket-ace (before the rest of the baskets were installed at Riverfront) with the same Banshee . . . a month later, same disc into Lake Selmac off hole #6 at Selmac DGC, each course being in my home state, Oregon.

Not bad stories for a guy that's only been playin' 13 months, though! lol I'm thinkin' that I'm due for my sixth ace . . .

-Derek
Have you noticed the recently created, "Ace-less Support Group" club formed? Seriously . . . I just noticed it!

-Derek
lmao, right now . . . =0
The kid definately shoulda done something in appreciation, but maybe he was still new enough to the sport to not understand some of the unsaid "disc golf etiquette".
Hell I wrote my first Ace on the tone pole I hit; I didn't know that I was defacing our beautiful course (I'm still trying to get that tone since it has been replaced by a basket, lol)! =)

-Derek
I was hooked, as well, after hitting my first ace two weeks into the game!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968