www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Started in 1979, got my first aces the first year, but we played an object course with pretty short holes. Trees, tree stumps and stones where the targets so it was pretty easy to ace them.
In respect to DG pioneers, I would count these Aces of the "days of old"!

Thank you for being there for DG, when I was on my way up the uteran canal! lol

-Derek (Born 12-17-80 lol)
My brother took one of his friends out for his first time playing disc golf and on the 12th hole he hit 200'+ ace!! That's only 11 drives in his life before getting an ace . . . very very impressive! It was at a legitimate course too, Token Creek Park in WI.
I played my first tourney on the Toronto Island course around the mid 1980's. (not exactly sure...it was shortly after the "Aero" came out) Up to that time I had only played Ultimate & hacked around with the great freestylers & overall players that made up the great "frisbee" community in Toronto.
I didn't have a golf disc & only had $5 to enter the am division. Paul Burak loaned me an Aero to use...check-it...I made my first ace on my first throw in my first tournament! A sweet little reverse curve up through a small window in the trees & in. Hooked for life!
Paul gave me the disc & that was the only tourney I ever played as an am. (it was customary in those days to move up once you won...there were only 2 mens divisions then)
You´re probably right, well the first "real ace" on our first course with basket was in 81, (10-chain baskets), the hole was approx 70m, It was pretty hard to get the large diameter discs to stay in the basket......
lol, that's funny!
That's awesome . . . do you still have the Aero?
No...long gone - lol
Have had a couple other nice aces since.
The first shot of the second round at the TX 10 Live Oak a few years ago is a great way to start a tourney round. (and guarantee $$) The last cashing ace was the first shot of the day on a rainy league night last Fall. No warm up...stepped up & canned a $500 short anhyzer (200') with my QMEGA. Yippee! Lucky is good!!
I was about 8 months into my 2nd year of play when I lucked out (believe me, the way I play, it WAS luck) on hole #6 at Telulah Park in Appleton, WI. I was throwing a Star Leopard. It is a blind hole so I didn't even get to see it drop in. We were having a casual game of practice for an upcoming tournament. Sure wish it was during a tournament cause I almost always put in to the ace pool.
It took me a year to get my first Ace, quite a short hole which required a nice hyzer shot to get around three trees in front of the basket.

The Buzz left my hand and immediately I thought I'd thrown long, but then it dropped straight into the basket!

I've also hit the post directly underneath the basket on a sidearm drive, but I think Aces are a fair bit of luck, as well as a well-aimed shot. I was not expecting an Ace, and I still would not expect to get one, but they are a pleasant surprise when (or if) they come!
Yahoo - hit another one Tuesday night!
About 250' low ceiling tunnel shot with ob behind the bucket.
It was a lucky skip shot w/ a Sirius JLS - skipped about 70' straight as an arrow.
well Eric, you know the answer to this now. Just over a year. 4/29/08!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968