www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Took about 1 year to the day (from when I got serious and started bringing more disc's then beer to the course)
still waiting.... so many close ones, but still waiting.... close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...
My first ace was 9/26/07 Discraft Buzzz, I had been playing for about 4 months. Then hit a big blank spot for aces, I got close many times, but never hit.. Then this year Ive had four aces thus far. Two of these were cash payout league aces. 3/13 Discraft Surge ($100 ace pool), 3/26 Discraft Buzzz, and 4/3 Discraft Surge. My most recent ace was yesterday 7/17/2010 Innova Banshee ($100 ace pool). Still waiting for one during a tournament. =)

Good luck and keep trying. You can only get close so many times before one finally finds its way into the chains.
It took me three years to hit an ace, and I have three all together. I'm hoping to get another one soon, I am starting to get the itch.
for now, i hate this thread....!!!
haven't had one yet...still in the hunt.
About 6 months.
My first ace came my second round ever. Got to hole 15 its a 135ft throw to basket. From the box it drops down a hill and to the right. You cannot see the basket from the box. The shot is a very much like a throw I used in Ultimate Frisbee. So the threw it up guessed at length and heard it hit the basket. When I came around the bend I was looking for it on the ground. I then figured it rolled away. I turned around to see it in the basket. I was all by myself so no witnesses. That shot got me hooked.
Ive been playin about a year, no aces yet. I have faith one day it will come. Ive had my share of close shots, had it hit the pole, glance the chians, the basket, couple of skips that hit the basket. Hope it happens on league night. An ace is awesome, but getting paid for it, thats what Im talkin bout!
That's how it always goes... great shot... no one but the birds to see it... i hit a 150-170 ft second a few weeks ago... first reaction was "AWWW SWEET" and did a little dance... but that lasted only a scant second before it turned in to, "AWWW CRAP! NO ONE SAW IT BUT THE DOGGONE BIRDS!!!" (language was a little saltier, but you get the point).... i made a short vid with my phone of the walk to it, but then the phone died, and along with it, the video...
played for 5 years everyday before I had got my first hole in one.

first time to the park one of my buddys (that had never played either) got one his first throw ever!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968