www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started playing in 95 and did not get my frist ace till 99
Always a bridesmaid and not a bride...

It's been 10 yrs off and on. I've yet to finish one. I've hit chains, tops, and bounced in and out. One day I will have one.
1st ACE for me just happened on June 22, 2008 @ Stony Creek (Hole 13). Took me about 10 years of casual play to get one. 180' down a tree lined alley with a swamp 10 feet past the basket. Nothing but CHING! It wasn't a tough shot, or a long one. Just relax, aim, and follow through with the shot.

It feels good to get it outta the way. Good luck to everyone else held aceless. Hang in there and keep throwing! You'll get one sooner or later.
I started playing in summer 2005 and hit my first ace in May 2008. Yesterday I hit my 2nd ace into the same basket, both were skip aces. I'm starting to think that maybe that's the only hole I can ace!
Last year during doubles at Tuscawilla Park Disc Golf Course, Jamie Ruane and I were partners. On hole # 7 he aces it. Moving over to the tee pad for hole # 8, I said to Jamie, "that the only way you can have back to back aces is for you to go first". He took the shot and skipped his disc into the basket. Now he can say that he has had two aces, on two consectutive throws or tee shots. Not to many disc golfers can say that they have had back to back ACES. Later, take care. GB #554
Woohoo. Hit my first ACE on hole 1 at Morley Field in San Diego, CA last Friday. I started playing in 1999, took a 3 year break between 2004 and 2007.
Started playing in April 2004 and got my first Ace on 12/31/2006 (New Year's Eve ) on #4 at Shillito Park (Lexington KY - 305ft). After that I hit 4 more in the next 4 months. I slowed down but have three in the past 9 months and all have been in League play or Tourneys for Ace pools. I now have 8 with 6 Forehand (two on Skips) and two thumber aces (Same disc on same hole - KC Banshee).
This year, 2008, it took me 7 months to get my first Ace at White River Disc Golf Course. I was playing a round of doubles with Tom, Ron, and Keith and we were on the Red Course and playing Hole #4. Hole #4 is a blind shot behind a tree towards the basket which you cannot see. So, I saw that Tom and Ron threw a forehand so I did too. And I started hearing shouts and then "ACE" "ACE"! I was so calm because I didn't see anything! I looked around the tree and said, "What?" They said "Tuffi you just aced this hole!" And they all signed my disc and I earned $7 for my first Ace in 2008! yay for me. :)
lol about a 1/2 ounche of C4 and a pocket detonator seems like it would work well
5th round.... sorry lol
I have been playing for 9 years and still no ace!!! When I get one it will make it even more great
almost 4 months now I've been playing... been close but no cigar ... YET!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968