www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4 years for me. I got my first one tonight.
Been playing once or twice a week for 32 years, yet have never gotten an ace. I love good competition and good friends. Thats enough for me.
2 years
2 yrs
2.5 years of serious playing....got my first 2 weeks ago.....easy hole. 2 weeks later got my second on a much tougher hole....was starting to think it wasn't going to happen......now I am looking for number three while am "hot"
i think part of getting them is to have it as a goal. after observing my first ace race where everyone is talking about an ace on each hole...it rubs off on you.
stevo said:
i think part of getting them is to have it as a goal. after observing my first ace race where everyone is talking about an ace on each hole...it rubs off on you.

for me it was a simple change in my throwing motion.....I was failing to reach back high and pulling straight across my chest.....getting way more snap and subsequently more distance
It took me 3 years of going through chains, hitting tops and bottoms of baskets, missing the tone pole by inches etc... before I finaly got my first ace. It was a tonepole ace on hole 4 at the Redwood Curtain, after that I almost hit another one on the same hole a few days later.
How does the ace fund get that high?

Our is at like like 135 right now
I have been playing for 1 year and 2 months almost to the day. I got my first ace last night (10-21-08) It was a short round from the red tees at a local course with three of my friends. The best thing was we were just talking about how an ace would put us six down at six.
I started playing in September, 1996 and had my first ace a few months later in February, 1997. I will always remember my first!
6 months.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968