www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started playing at about the age of 7, in 1998, and got my first ace at the age of 14 in 2005. And I've gotten 5 since then. 4 this year.
Eric,
How long until I get my first ACE? I don't know...it's all up in the air! (C;
hit my 1st ace my first summer of play
Don't worry too much about getting a ace. Concentrate on getting birdies !!!!!!! I know , thats saying alot , but the more you go for birdies , the chances of getting a hole in one are better !!!!! Hope this makes sense. I have a few ( cough , cough ) Aces in my time playing and I was just trying to get the disc real close to the basket for a birdie and it happend to go in !!!! :)
this is my first year really playing disc golf and got into it and i hit 7 aces 6 at my home course and i hit one at another so this was a great year for me
i'd been addicted to the sport for about 2 months when i got my first ace. being a newbie at that point i assumed that aces in disc golf were as rare as in ball golf so i never really expected to get one. so when i skipped my orc around a corner and into the basket i was kind of shocked. i heard it hit but couldn't see it go in. seemed like it took a forever to walk(run?) down to the basket to make sure it was in. i've been lucky enough to have several since then. I think that's one of the advantages our sport has over the other golf. a ligit chance for ace during most rounds.
i dreamed the other night i got two aces in one round. and not those short ones either. ahhh one can dream.
I started early in the year of 2008. I have got 1 ace so far. It took me 5 months. Hyzer bomber 200ft aprox.
I couldn't happen to agree more.

Donny Olow said:
Don't worry too much about getting a ace. Concentrate on getting birdies !!!!!!! I know , thats saying alot , but the more you go for birdies , the chances of getting a hole in one are better !!!!! Hope this makes sense. I have a few ( cough , cough ) Aces in my time playing and I was just trying to get the disc real close to the basket for a birdie and it happend to go in !!!! :)
I had several aces on the pole course we played in the late 70's and early 80's. I'm still not sure if they count. I started playing on courses with baskets in 1994 and it took till 2003 for me to hit my first ace. I've had 73 since then. My good friend Lightning John put it best though when he told me "A ace is just a bad shot gone good" I've argued that it's a good shot gone better but he makes a good point if you consider the goal is to get close to the pin and a lot of them aces would have been three's if they hadn't hit that big shiny thing in the fairway.
I had my first ace 14 months after I started playing and my second ace two days later at courses 100 miles apart.
3 months.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968