www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I threw for over ten years before my first. Then in one day two aces. Another about six months age at hole 12 in Mackenzie.
Today, December 21st. I'm very focused on being ready for the Big isIand Open. I mean for this to be my year. I'm working on up shot skills and the Ace runs in Mackenzie. I aced hole 12 for the second time in six months, And today's my birthday. That's a fine present to myself, that and a Fosters
"Australian Big Gulp".
A Hui ho.
Some of you may find this hard to believe, but I don't have any recollection of my first ace. It happened sometime in the late 1970s, I'm sure.

The ones of you that don't find it hard to believe either know me well, or have made generalizations about the memory status of those who played "frisbee" in the 1970s. :>S
4 yrs
I hit an Ace at a doubles tournament my first month of playing...much to the shock of my friends that have been playing 5+ years with no Ace of their own. One friend just hit his first after 7+ years of playing....with about 20 sanctioned tournaments a year for him. My first ace was due to my partner laying a putter under a 192 foot wooded holes basket...and I figured I throw a side arm driver as hard as I could...nothing to lose...bam...ace. Since then I've found it much easier to ace in doubles. If your partner sets you up for a deuce...disc UP and fire away! What do you have to lose except for a long walk to retrieve your disc?

I agree with most aces being bad shots gone good. I've only hit one ace where I threw a Buzzz on a 270 ft hole...bent it around a tree..and it simply hyzer died into the basket. If I wouldn't have hit it...it was a drop in deuce. The rest have been laser shots during doubles or overestimating the holes length and luckily hitting chains instead of blowing passed the basket and on some...going OB.
3rd round of my first year playing which was like last year
ive got 14 aces this year 7 last year 5 the year before that. play A LOT and they come to you. I actually got a "dirty" ace this year which is 'tree love'. my disc kicked left off a tree then ramped up from a log and nestled in the basket. it was sweet, hole 2 @ knollwood
6 months and counting without one.
I had a few aces at the old Shoaf Park course in Ft. Wayne, IN. At the time, this course had baskets, but they weren't chain baskets. In place of chains, there was sort of a big aluminum top-shaped thingie, with the tapered cone terminating in the center of the basket. My aces were accomplished with a 141g Wham-O freestyle disk. So, do these count? I would guess the distance was in the low to mid 200ft range and a straight shot with no obstacles. I think these disc baskets had some sort of affiliation or sponsorship from Sunkist. They were all orange. Anyone else outside of Ft. Wayne ever see baskets like this?
I started playing around 1994, casually. My mom actually got me into the sport. I played off and on throughout the years...mostly off (not playing). I didn't really learn how to play until about a year and a half ago.

About three months ago, I heard of a new disc course about 45 minutes from my house in Southport, NC. I also heard it sucked. It does (for now). The only hole with a defined fairway is hole 6. It's a 90' hole with a blind basket due to tight trees. I hyzered a flippy, beat step-child flippy, roc and heard it splash the chains. My first thought was 'no way it stuck'. I've only hit solid chains once before only to come around the corner and find my disc under the basket, not in it. I start running to the basket...I think I left my bag at the tee actually. Sure enough, it stuck.

I let out a super-loud hoot! That was my first, and to this day, only ace.

Long story (not really) short, it took me years to hit my first ace. I still have yet to hit an ace over 90 feet!
I played for 5 months before my first ace on a 185ft hole that snaked through a wall of trees. Now 14 months later. Still just that one ace.
i started playing in 2000 . hit my first ace in 2006. didn't even see it.now i have 3 total
I got my first about a year & a half into playing. Luckily I got that one as I've yet to have another.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968