www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As in ball golf, if you get a hole in one you are supposed to buy a round of beer. When you win $625 dollars that you contributed only 2 or 3 dollars too, it is not to much to ask that you buy a $15-20 case of beer for everyone to have a beer and celebrate. Thankfully we don't have a lot of people with bad attitudes like yourself in our club.
totally agree with you trevor, the least he could of done was buy a case of beer. Hell the last tourney i played in they did random draw dubs after and i threw 10 bucks in for beer and i dont even drink beer, but it was a fun tourney and i wanted to say thanks to eveyone for being great sports.
lmao, right now . . . =0
The kid definately shoulda done something in appreciation, but maybe he was still new enough to the sport to not understand some of the unsaid "disc golf etiquette".
Hell I wrote my first Ace on the tone pole I hit; I didn't know that I was defacing our beautiful course (I'm still trying to get that tone since it has been replaced by a basket, lol)! =)

-Derek
I hit my first ace about a month after I started.....tell me I wasn't hooked after that...lol then I had a bunch in the next few years.. but I went on a three year lag with out any.. But on March 15th of this year I aced hole #4 at Gogan Greens, at the first tournement on the course, first time playing the hole, and ended up under par with no birdies....lol.
I was hooked, as well, after hitting my first ace two weeks into the game!
Will be 3 years of playing religiously this fall with no ace, just half a dozen baskets and one chain splash-thru :-(
Have you noticed the recently created, "Ace-less Support Group" club formed? Seriously . . . I just noticed it!

-Derek =)
I started playing in feb '06. Took me 2yrs of chaining out and hitting metal to finally hit one that was around 350ft in the air. If you want to hit an ace really bad, play short courses. I waited patiently playing the bigger courses in my area to develop my game. My curse was lifted. Have faith in your game!
I've been playing on and off for 10 years.

Still haven't got an ace. Have had lots of "DINGER's, DOINK's and D' OH's" though.
Have you noticed the recently created, "Ace-less Support Group" club formed? Seriously . . . I just noticed it!

-Derek =)
Took about 15 months, had 20+ aces inside 4 years, up to 35+ in 10 years. 6-7 in tournaments for ace money.

Longest..394'
Your first ace was 426'?? Holy cow!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968