www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have a friend who played half his life before he got his 1st ace and he s pretty good but not lucky.the phrase i most hear before an ace is "oops too hard"
haha. rest that shoulder!!
Well, I see that everyone here is still talking about getting aces. I think that may be all it takes to get one. Allow me to explain. Perhaps this is coincidence but during doubles last night, we had a little back up and the topic of aces came up. We were talking about when are last aces, where and when we got our first one and so on and so forth. Let me also add that I have seen four in about a month, well, I really only saw two as the other two were on blind holes. Well, I am sure you know where this is leading. Succinctly, when it was my turn to throw there was a group standing on the next hole and you got, skip ace. It hit the chains so hard (I love that sound!!) I did not think it stuck; however, from the reactions of the group in front of us we all knew it was in. Nice part was, I got 100 bucks to go see Radiohead now!! This was the third ace in doubles three consecutive weeks!! So, it may be a coincidence or may you just have to talk about it enough and get some good vibes kicking!!
well thanks for the encouragement!! I finally got my first ace on hole #6 at BB owen today.
with one of my first not-so-good custom dye jobs too!! I was just out to throw some new plastic before the tournament in Rockwall tomorrow and threw a nice long hyzer that skipped in. no one was with me but I gave a big "woo-hoo!!!" and pumped my fist. at least some guy coming up from the next hole saw it and gave me a "nice toss" haha.

the weight has been lifted :)
Congrats Eric.
it was two years before my first ace a 222' straight shot with a champ lepoard on # 1 in bryan ohio than the next spring with a group of friends i hit # 8 at bryan 198' with a dx gator that when i started to ace more a week later i ace # 8 at owatta park in toledo ,this winter i aced #8 again in owatta in 5 inches of snow with a star tl and my newest and best ace was at owatta during the spring hyzer tourament hole number 10 not sure the distance but i think it's around 360' or so with a star destroyer the td said he thinks that hole was only ace a few times .
congrats eric
Let's see....I started playing when I was 6 or 7, and I got my first ace in the Summer of 2007....so I guess that would be 29-30 years for me! :-) I took several years off from disc golf during/after college, so it's not like I was playing non-stop for those entire three decades. Still, I might be the big winner/loser related to length of time it took to bang those chains off the tee. LOL.

Edited to add: I got my second ace this Spring...so it only took me about 9 months to get #2.
Took me around 4 years before my disc found chains and stayed in. I threw an anhyzer Stingray shot for the heck of it on a hole that was obviously a hyzer hole and my disc grew eyes and found the chains. Only tournament Ace happened during the 93' Worlds Biggest and my longest Ace is about 340' with a Roc. Night golf Aces are fun also especially when you can see the disc glowing and sitting in the basket. Been ringing the chains a bunch lately on our Ace run course (Brahan Springs) but have not had anything stick lately.
AN ACE IS A BAD BIRDIE SHOT GONE GOOD!
hey now,hit and bounce outs.Still waiting for the first to take hold and stay.Old school target frizbee begining in the sixties from age 10 to present day disc golf....so that would be waiting for a long time first ACE!ha.peace mred,fl
forth of july 08 my first ace !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968