www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a slightly different twist. I have the first ace ever thrown on three courses. Anyone had the first ace on more than one course?
I got the first ace on a course I designed for some friends up in Trinity County, and I hit metal at the new Finnon Lake course, but it didn't go in, and I found out that someone allready got the first ace there, but not on that hole.
It took me about 3 years. It was with a Star TL in which I thought I had over thrown the hole. Then it turned left and CHING!!! Great sound.
This is my first serious year playing last year I may have played 10 times at most. This year every day atleast. I have only 2 aces at a short local course Knollwood. I have 1 skip in Ace. I have chained out at a couple courses Oshtemo, Begg Park, Coldbrook, and Hit the top of hole 8 at Robert Morris.
It took about three years. Once I finally got one, I ended up hitting eight that year. Now I only seem to get 1 - 2 a year.
we discers stick together, and that dude definitely should have threw $25 bucks back at those guys, c'mon now, id feel bad about the ace after FIVE months of other peoples money going in the pool of $625 mind you and not give anything back...? C'mon

mark mcgarity said:
he has to buy a case of beer?...thats rich,...i would say congrats to him and to you...change your diaper
im pretty sure i was the first to get 3 in a day at a new course, its a small course in my home town, that milestone will probably last a while

Chuck Kennedy said:
Here's a slightly different twist. I have the first ace ever thrown on three courses. Anyone had the first ace on more than one course?
well i started playing 13 years ago and got my first ace earlier this year after 12 1/2 years
i feel like i have hit every link in the basket but can never seem to make them stick
i did get paid for my one and only ace 42 dollars
i have won throw offs for ace money and won more
but nothing like finally hitting that first ace
I got my first ace after playing a year.
I started playing in 2002, well, 2003 seriously and hit my first ace that same year at Brown Park in Ann Arbor Michigan on hole #10 a short 130 somthing foot hole. Had a lot of close shots and a lot of chains but no more aces until this year in Big Rapids, MI on hole #18. Just be patient and it will happen...hopefully when the ace pool is high...and you are paid in!! ALWAYS PAY INTO THE ACE POOL!!!
I got my first ace the third time I ever played.. But still havent gotten another one since
I started in 2002 took 2 years to get my first ace now i have 8 convermed aces a few that no one saw. 65 still alive if i keep hitting that same tree limb like i do i'll have more lol.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968