www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1 year i got my first ace from 257 ft out with my surge flx on a windy cold rainy day at my first ever tournament the jewel at emrald park in phx az buttttt i did not enter the ace pool:(
i started playing in late 07 i think had my first 2 ace's today first was hole 2 w/ my champ boss and the second was hole 9 w/ my buzz im jst happy i had a witness cuz nun would of belive me i hit to on the same round!! 3/16/10
w/ the help from parks and rec we now have 2 new hole w/ the other 6 coming befor summer time will soon have a full 18 hole here in roswell new mexico!
Played today with a friend of mine. He has been playin about 2 years and hit his first ace on hole #2 then on hole #9 he hit his second. It was pretty awesome to see. I hit my first ace after playing about 3 months. Short hole but it still was amazing lol!
just realized he already posted above me lol
hehe. Grats Tim. 2 in one round! nice.
Yeah I got my first ace the first year I started playing in 96, I owned to discs -- the Parana for putting and a Lighting #2 Hookshoot -- about a month and a half in I hit one from about 180ft out with the Lighting disc -- was pretty funny too because at that time it was my furthest drive I had ever had.
Also funny because one of my friends that I started with back then still hasn't had an ace to this day.
I hit two in my first year, and since then nothing besides pole, rim and chains. 3 years now.

As far as ace funds go.. Who cares about winning money when you just hit a hole in one?
hey, was that the first basket created too?
Not a damn one!!! I seem to hit a pole, rake a chain, skip into the chains, or nearly drop in every time i play, bound to happen eventually, going on 7 months playing, ....non-stop.

My guess where it will be: hole 1 bear creek, hole 4 bear creek, hole 1 ll. woods, hole 12 ll. woods, hole 1 lewisville lake, hole 10 alex clark. all these holes have nearly seen my Buzz or Surge Aced!!!
hey, don't know if that reply was for me or not?
SO I feel your pain. Started playing about a year and 3 months ago. As soon as I started playing I was at the course like 5 times a week...and still am. I have hit chains 4 times and multiple baskets. It's so bad 3 out of the 5 people I got into the sport have one. We all joke saying I will be the last...starting to think it will be true too. So I still don't have one...I think sometimes your just lucky. But then again you can't get an ace unless you really go for one. So just make sure you are throwing at the chains and not just trying to get it there and hope it goes in.
6 months..........which is awesome!! 245' mostly blind to the right. Im a LHBH so it was a nice smooth hyzer with a 175 Champion Groove! After playing for awhile now, I have no idea how that disc stuck in the basket but I sure was happy when it did!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968