www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing in 1988 and got pretty serious about it right away, but unfortunately slacked off for a few years here and there.
didnt play my first real tournament till last year.
but I have NEVER hit an ace ?!!
the past few years Ive really picked up my game quite a bit and play as much as I can, but still no ACE.

how long since you started playing till you hit your first ace?

Tags: ace

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will be 3 years of playing religiously this fall with no ace, just half a dozen baskets and one chain splash-thru :-(
I started playing in feb '06. Took me 2yrs of chaining out and hitting metal to finally hit one that was around 350ft in the air. If you want to hit an ace really bad, play short courses. I waited patiently playing the bigger courses in my area to develop my game. My curse was lifted. Have faith in your game!
I've been playing on and off for 10 years.

Still haven't got an ace. Have had lots of "DINGER's, DOINK's and D' OH's" though.
Took about 15 months, had 20+ aces inside 4 years, up to 35+ in 10 years. 6-7 in tournaments for ace money.

Longest..394'
Aces are strange, they are usually the result of a bad shot. Don't get me wrong, I try to ace a hole every time I throw but from my experience most of my aces would've gone at least a hundred feet past the basket if it wouldn't have jumped in front of my disc. However, on a different note, I have had a couple of jump putt aces, both around 100' and both in a tournament!! So, I guess I should say that sometimes you are fortunate the basket got in the way and other times it was a perfect shot.
Aces always come in bunches as well. It was over three years before I got my second ace and then aces were coming from everywhere; I had 13 ace in six weeks!! In spite of that, my last ace was a year ago, and may I add that it also was in a tournament!! With that being said, aces are a strange thing, whether you hit a tree and it skipped in or a perfect jump putt, you still get that exhilarating rush!!
First picked up the sport in the fall of 1994 - with a regular Wham-O Frisbee, then moved to a Shark and Raven -

March, 1997 hit my first Ace (see profile pic) - #2, Earlewood Park, Columbia, SC
May 2001, hit my first tournament Ace - #17 at Crooked Creek, Chapin, SC
May 2005, hit my first home course Ace - Lakefront #2 - Winthrop.

This is definitely a funny game we all play
totally agree with you trevor, the least he could of done was buy a case of beer. Hell the last tourney i played in they did random draw dubs after and i threw 10 bucks in for beer and i dont even drink beer, but it was a fun tourney and i wanted to say thanks to eveyone for being great sports.
I started playing in 2002 but i didn't start taking it seriously until 2007, and i got my first out of four last year. I think the first one took me about 6 months of serious play. I got it on hole 2 at Grandwoods Lansing,MI. But overall it took me about five years.
I started playing in 1998 but stopped playing for about 7 years after elbow surgery. Started playing again at the beginning of 2007 and hit my first Ace in August. I'm up to 3 total with a few more near Aces than I can count. I was witness to 5 or 6 first time Aces before I got mine. Had one friend hit an Ace on his very first throw.
Tell me about your elbow surgery! After playing for so many years, since 1972, my elbow is giving me pain. GB #554
I had surgery for a right ulnar nerve disposition. Essentially the "funny bone" nerve had slipped out of its groove and was causing my arm to become numb because the nerve was scraping the bone. It was a simple surgery but I was 20 years old when it happened and thought I was invincible and didn't need to rehab. I was wrong. I now have scar tissue in my elbow. It doesn't cause me much pain anymore but I know to stop playing whenever it does. I throw right handed backhand but because of the surgery I can't really throw sidearm or overhand as that is when my elbow becomes aggravated.
Went to the Augusta national on Wed and played a round with my buddy afterwards...he got an ace!! Number three at Riverview Park in N Augusta--a blind uphill shot!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968