www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How many disc mag's are out there? I dont think to many.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

discgolfer published by pdga
there's only one as far as i know ........ the pdga mag ..... i think the pdga is missing the boat in that i've requested our local national superstore bring in the magazine for sale throughout Canada where we have lots of players and not as many pdga members so it could get on the shelves, it would do as well as any other non descript magazine but we are a virtual unknown in the mainstream world. Failing that why not just put the pdga mag out as a pdf. file that could be purchased online for $3 a copy, no paper, no mailing readily viewed when you want it and a lot less hassle than a hardcopy deal. We are after all in the digital age. Also the Finnish Open that is presently online on the pdga site is wonderbar, you get to see the final nine, teeshots, from the fairway in and the putts ......... a very superior production and something that could be done quite reasonably ie not a lot of cable to lay down to do it live. The only way a major disc golf event could be televised live and well would be to go in prior or during the pro-am of a regulation ball golf event and use their cameras and cherry pickers to film the whole deal. Maybe Tiger would have a word with the event organizers. Equal access or something. It's on his golf game isn't it?
There is also Flying Disc Magazine - http://www.flyingdiscmagazine.com/ - I am not certain where that magazine is right now in its publishing schedule, but it hasn't been that long since I saw a new issue from it.

Last year, it had a deal where it was on newstands in a lot of mainstream magazine outlets and bookstores.
There's also Disc Golf Live video magazine, for those who like their magazines to have a little action. Tired of static pics? DGL is a one hour six-episodes per year magazine, broadcast on TV stations across the US and also available for Home delivery. Check it out:

www.discgolflive.com

Support Disc Golf Live, the folks bringing DG to TV, one community at a time.

Joe
Joe's right. I tend not to think of DGL as a magazine, because I am a print-oriented old guy. But if you can get Disc Golf Live shown on your local public access cable network, that's the single most effective thing you could do to get the folks in your area more familiar with disc golf.

Seriously, here in Ann Arbor, I've stopped being surprised by how routinely people tell me they saw disc golf on TV, or even saw me playing disc golf on TV.
Does anyone have copies of Disc Golf World News fron the late '80's? I used to but they were lost when I moved. I only have 4 from '90 and '93. I've tried looking up records from then on the pdga site but can't find any.
Paper is so 20th century, Hopefully the pdga gets rid of that lame LAME magazine , I hope to see my yearly membership $ to go to more live streaming and video magazines.
For my 1911...I prefer Wilson Combat....crap!!! wrong site....good for some cheesy points though.
Larry, I am a pack rat when it comes to that stuff. Take a look at my albums and see if there is anything on there you are wanting If not, let me know what in particular you are looking for. Your old tournament results maybe?
i dont think any of your money goes to make that magizine. thats why they sell advertising.
Old tour. results for sure. I;ll take a look at your album. Thanks Bill.
I don't see Disc Golf World News the Rick Rothstein rag.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968