www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Many thanks to those who struggled earlier in the life of this network with the Google Docs calendar that just was too hard to utilize.

A calendar for any and all disc golf events is something I have personally been working toward since 2001. I am completely thrilled that we now have a very nice calendar function built into the network. Check it out under the "Tournaments Calendar) tab at the top of each page. You can create an event, invite people to it, go back and edit it, they can RSVP and comments, and so forth.

It's pretty nice. Biggest initial bug is that it will *insist* that you upload an image. Note how I have used the "type" field to indicate a PDGA event, what sanctioning level, and what state it is in. Others, such as the MDGO, Southern Nationals, NEFA, etc., should figure out please how to use an appropriate code in there to label one of their events for users.

Share comments and feedback here, please, so I can go back to the developers with "bugs" and suggestions.

Tags: calendar, tournaments

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet addition !!!
Yeah, I agree, Mark. That whole field/box is a bit problematic. We'll get some experience with it and see how to make it better.
Thanks, Eric. This was my highest priority as a new feature, especially with the season gearing up.
Altogether cool feature. Thanks for all the hard work!
Great feature. I would love to have one just for my club, Anyone know ho to do it?
Great feature, we need to push the TD's to early adoption of it. Try to get as many even smaller tourneys up on the calendar, since it's not just sacntioned stuff. I think it would help overall tournament turn-out the more widely publicized the tourney was. We always look for tourneys when we travel and actually plan travel around the tourneys we want to play in. Hopefully this will be widely adopted.
the informations is very nice. it is very useful to every one.

=========Thankx=============

eliza

I love

Discount Golf Balls

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968