www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Lately I have been experiencing some discomfort on the inner aspect of my elbow when throwing sidearm. As a relatively new sidearm thrower I would love any tips to reduce the stress on my elbow......I realize that most of the time this occurs when I don't keep my elbow in close to my body ( any tips on keeping your elbow in would be appreciated also)......I saw a DGL video with a thumber tutorial were Schweberger states doing lots of curls with 5# dumbbells helped him.......any thoughts on how to prevent the strain on my elbow????

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter, Meijer and other stores have Velcro-fastening strips that you can put around your forearm close to the elbow, tight, which, after some time, can correct those symptoms. I've developed them twice in 10 years and both times those strips have really helped reduce the pain and stop the problem.
The same thing happened to me for a bit last year and I did exactly the same thing. I bought a relatively cheap neoprene sleeve and put some icy-hot on under the sleeve before the round to keep my elbow warm and loose. Most of all I guess I just kept on keeping my elbow tucked in. I find you lose accuracy and distance when you try to lead with your elbow instead of using the snap in your wrist. Good Luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968