www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ANYONE THROW THE AEROBIE EPIC? IF SO DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE? JUST LEAVE ME A MESSAGE. THANKS TO ALL

Views: 575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this man has a great knowledge of what to do with an epic !!!!!
GB had one we threw a few times up and down a fairway....My first thought was...after throwing it. Was PT Barnum's famous quote.

"There's a sucker born every minute"
ITs a weird disc but like anything with practice it can be controlled.. Their are different ways to bend the disc to change its stability depend on wind and how hard you throw. During practice i have throw one 480' into the wind but with little control. If you keep the disc more over stable it will be more predictable.. Try throwing it with both thumb and fingures see which works best. This disc was designed to throw over hand.
i throw a orc better overhand really i cant find a good purpose for this disc it feels aweward in your hand and doesnt do anything i want it too i throw overhand for prediciably but this disc is far from predicable
I got a tip for throwing it... aim for the bin! lol, just joking, but i think its a bit of a gimmicky disc. If you want an Aerobie disc to throw for a bit of fun, get one of those Aerobie Pro Rings... those things just keep flying, and they're soft enough to catch as well. Not PDGA legal, but good for goofing around.
it is terrible!!!! the only logical resion i can see to have it in my bag is to pull it out and watch everybody go "wtf???" haha.
Here is the deal I am an ex baseball player. I picked up one of these discs and have been hooked ever since. Throw is as a thumber, throw it as a tomahawk just make sure you have the arm and let it rip. I currently throw this disc of 700+ feet consistently. Getting it to go correctly takes time but as soon as you get the hang of it you will take it out on every long hole that has enough room to let it do its thing. Each person needs there own space,but for the few that can throw it they use the markings that the factory put on to line up there hands. There are three dots on the back side of the disc, one marks true center the other to give you a thumber location and a tomahawk location. If thrown correctly it should feel as if you are ripping it off your thumb or index finger depending on the way it is thrown. And yes thrown correctly blisters will form.
I can throw this disc backhand forehand and overhand. you can tune it to fly in a number of patterns as overstable as a max or undestable as a roadrunner. Also for those that have a good thumber or forehand use a thumber grip and try throwing it underhand like a submarine baseball pitcher. This is a very accurate disc if you tune it or have enough snap to throw it straight.
700+ feet! Monker should go to Big D in the Desert next year and officially join the 200 meter club.

Monker said:
Here is the deal I am an ex baseball player. I picked up one of these discs and have been hooked ever since. Throw is as a thumber, throw it as a tomahawk just make sure you have the arm and let it rip. I currently throw this disc of 700+ feet consistently.
hmmm a 700ft thumber. you name wouldnt be clark kent would it ???
id pay to see this.
I've only thrown the Epic a few times myself. It is definitely a difficult disc to learn. I suggest going to an open field/park where you can just let it rip without worrying about which direction it will go. Learn what the disc does. Throw it all day if you have to. I'm sure that this disc isn't for everyone, but it isn't as bad as some of these people suggest.

Something to consider....The Aerobie Epic is 24th on my top 100 selling products list.
Somebody is using it somewhere!
I hear about the overhead shot-keeps turning over...must work!?!
These are fast discs with giant wings, bigger wing than anything on the market.
http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?k...
Sorry, I just had to show you!
Oh, and nobody mentioned that they are ABLE TO BE TUNED....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968