www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ANYONE THROW THE AEROBIE EPIC? IF SO DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE? JUST LEAVE ME A MESSAGE. THANKS TO ALL

Views: 572

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I have one of this magical disc,
It is great for tomawak, especialy through the wind : it rolls, flatten and continue to fly : uncredible !

For distance it is great also but be carefull, it is really challenging to land where you want it . use it for this purpose only it you have a great open area and long distance to reach . I throw it 20 to 30 meters farther than any other driver I have (Avenger, Pulse, XL, Pred, surge).

Distance is nice but it needs often to be in the correct direction.

My opinion is that's a nice and challenging disc but not to trow in a tounament (except if you have nothing to loose)

Jean (PDGA 34644)
hey Kyle alot of people here in Canmore AB throw the Epic. Hold the small edge with your thumb and throw an overhand throw. if you have a big enough arm the disc will flip around and finish flying upright. this is great for throwing over trees and distance driveing. the more you practice this shot the more acurate you become. I use this throw and disc and it does win tournaments keep practiceing

Fitzy (PDGA 27057)
sorry to be a discourager of discs, but this disc is a poot. thats just my opinion. I have a friend who has one and I've thrown it a few times. maybe I dont get it, but I have much better discs in my bag.
just my 2 cents.
I have yet to see anyone use it often enough properly to be worth the risk.
find a water hazard. line it up and throw for the middle of it. problem solved !!!
Don't put the epic in your bag,thats the safest play.
there is only one guy in the world who can throw an epic over 500 feet with a double helix(that is two times around) and that guy is Ville Pippo from Sweden.he can't putt.He has not a real backhand but man oh man,the guy throw some mean side arms and overheads/tomahawks.All done with an epic.You have to see it to believe it.He used to be a javalin thrower and the guy is big(like Arnold).
So if you are big,go for it!
And if you are small and weak(like we are all compere to Pippo) forget about that disc.
iv'e seen it go 400+ feet by a guy not much bigger than me
so i doubt that theres only one guy *in the world* that can throw it 500
but if you ask me its a disc that shouldnt be pdga approved its a peice 'o' crap
I'm decent size.. 6'6" 220 and consider myself a big arm thrower.
today at the Vet in Arlington my friend had found an Epic and let me have it to try again after my bad first experiences with it, on a few holes. I threw it this way, I threw it that way, I ended up wanting to throw it in the trash can.again!!

so on a lark at the end of our game,, and I apologize if this offends any disc "purists" out there, but I got out my sharpie and wrote "this disc sucks!!" on it and left it on the trail right as another group was walking up.

saw one guy pick it up and as we sat in the parking lot we saw him take a few throws and laughed our a&^&s off.
My opinion of it...is the same as Chris Perkins'............line it up and let it rip!!!
I just read some reviews on this disc, and most people who have positive things to say are throwing it tomahawk.

People have trouble throwing it straight sidearm and backhand, but have great results tomahawk. Give it a shot, hopefully you can get some better results that way.
For someone with enough power, the Epic will do a crazy, double barrell roll flight and fly very far. For me I found its best use is to drop it on the ground, upside down, fill it with water and say," C'mon, puppy dog".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968