www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I live in Weatherford Texas, city to around 25,000 residents. We only have one course and it's only nine holes. I conversed with the Parks Dept and they want to complete the course and make it eighteeen. It's been asked for in the budget but never gets high enough on the list. I got a green light to add them through sponsorship either private or business so now I'm looking for the baskets.
I'm looking for some quality used baskets or some fairly cheap new ones. They don't have to be top of the line, just good quality as I don't want InStep or the likes.
We are have way to our goal funding with the rest accessable now. If anyone can help with baskets new or used, I'd like to get them in the ground by summer.
I just started a weekly mini as well so things are looking up already.

Tags: baskets, course, pins

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DAVE,

I KNOW OF THE COURSE YOU SPEAK OF REALLY WELL. I LIVE IN LECOMPTON KANSAS BUT MY DAD LIVES IN WEATHERFORD. HE IS ABOUT 2 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE COURSE. I HAVE PLAYED IT MULTIPLE TIMES MYSELF. WE HAVE A GUY UP HERE THAT HAS HIS OWN 18 HOLE COURSE AND IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT HE IS SELLING THE BASKETS. SO INSTED OF A 18 HOLE YOU COULD HAVE A 27. JUST LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

KYLE RODECAP
go tone pole!! if you cant offord baskets go with tone poles =)
Kyle,

That rocks dude. I'm very interested in all eighteen and I'm sure the city would let us put in all the baskets and make the course twenty-seven holes. I talked to the Parks Director and she sounded like it was no big deal.
Next time your down here visiting your dad, let me know before hand and a couple of us will meet you at the park, or go play Z Boaz, we also started a Wednesday Draw Doubles mini.
I have a few questions about the baskets as well, What kind are they? How many chains are there? How old are they? Do you have any idea what he wants for them?
I type-oed on my original entry, what I meant to say was that we are halfway to our target money-wise, but that is worst case scenario, meaning new baskets. I have the funds available personally and could purchase them immediately for a reasonable price. Please talk to your guy up there and I'll send you a pm with my contact info in a second.
Thanks for your help.
update, still looking for nine baskets, have the funds raised and the city's approval to start the install. I also contacted DGA for new basket quotes but would rather save a little money for other things like dual tee signs etc.
I am from a company called Disc King. We sell disc golf baskets you can check us out at www.discking1.com or you can contact me through here. We have a basket that is not PDGA approved that we sell for a pretty low price. We are always looking for good causes to help out as well. We are a smaller, new company and would take this opportunity to get our name out there, so price is very negotiable. Let me know if need anymore information!
Tracie
Tracie, please send me some info, I am almost ready to make the purchase for nine baskets, I'm leaning towards Chainstar at the moment
Did you ever decide on baskets? I would still like to send you all of our updated information.

Thanks,

Tracie with Disc King
Yeah, sorry but we ended getting matching funds and going with Mach III's.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968