www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

does anybody have any good ace stories?

Tags: aces

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then you know the next cliff hole 3, the tee is down behind where the guy is putting in the pic above. I have hit that one 3 times. I also have hole 6 and 9 making the total 10 at that course. But 8 of them are between two holes
i was pretty much a beginner a few days after the last ace race at brown park a couple of years ago. now it was a shortened up tee on #7[i think] going to the woods. got my first ace. came back the next day and did it again.
2nd attempt, 17th ace.
Yeah that's just sick.
Playing Pioneer Park in Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado during the past summer, roughly 35 miles southwest of the headwaters of the Mighty Colorado River, which runs parallel to the course. On hole 12, I threw my favorite 'go-to-disc' and it ended up in the river after a bad bounce off the bank. Needless to say, I was a tad pissed. Going to the 13th tee, I nonchalantly grabbed a beat-up cheetah, and angrily threw it over 150 feet of a bend in the river--the pin stood no further than 25 feet left of the river--and aced it from about 385 ft.
I've played Frisco many times, and that is a great ace run with a good forehand! Nice Work!
I got a good one. I aced in our daily weekly doubles. The pot was $200 hundred. Needless to say I was excited. The second round of nine we play alternate pads on the same holes. We get to the hole I aced and my partner stepped up and dropped it in. Same hole (different pad) partner ace! I was still pretty happy mainly due to the fact it was such a unique situation. Unfortunately by the time we got in two more people aced and dropped my share to $50 bucks. (Course is short...lots of ace runs) Still...it was $50 I didn't have and I got to see a partner-partner ace!
I had 9 aces last season, 2 of them, the same day on separate courses. The first was a blind up hill hyzer 250'. I did know it went in and looked for my disc awhile before noticing it in the basket. The second was a short down hill straight shot around 175'.
Back 2 Back.....Yawn!!!!! been there done that.....7 and 8 Tuscawilla 12/20/06. 7 with a bee line 10x...8 with a Champ Firebird skip.

However on 8/20/09....Thee..... 'World Famous'.....'Never Been Done Before'......'Probable Multiple World Record Holding'.......'3 peat'........'Back 2 Back 2 Back' Aces!!!! ...is held by yours truly courtesy of the 'Harry Putter' at Reed Canal....16, 17 & 18. 4 others in the group all in Fifty-One. This amazing feat quickly changed policy at Reed to a Twenty-One park.....bunch a wuss-stangs!!!! lmao
My son got one on hole 14 at Condon Park in Grass valley at the Mother Load. It was a silent no chain Ace, and the whole group was looking for the disc until someone saw it in the basket....
In Bidwell Park, Chico CA we are fast approaching the removal of our first course known as the "short course"

All the holes range from 200' to 250' with the exception of holes 5, 12 and 18 which are 270, 290 and 320'

The City approved our plan to build the other course known as the "long course", but in the compromise we lost the short course.

Because of this I have been playing the short course when ever I get the chance hoping to get another ace to add to my count. Well today I hit hole 3 for the 3rd time and now have 35 aces on this course....

Hole 1: 1 ace...
Hole 2: 3
Hole 3: 3
Hole 4: 2
Hole 5: 3
Hole 6: 2
Hole 7: 1
Hole 8: 6
Hole 9: 3
Hole 11: 2
Hole 12: 3
Hole 15: 6

Total 35

this is my 6th ace on hole 6,bakersfield,this july,not my home course,but the local i was playing with said this was the hole most aced,i drove a we watched it go in..no distance posted,but 260-275 ft

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968