www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'll preface this discussion by saying that I've gotten a very polite "interesting idea" from one of the staffers that I know at Innova (but they've chosen not to act upon it as of yet), and I've yet to speak to anyone at Discraft.

I've got an idea related to the manufacturing of disc golf discs...actually, TWO ideas that I haven't seen tried yet but ones that I think would fly (literally...pun-intended, LOL). However, I'm not in a financial position to try and make a go at trying to develop at least a first "trial run" to see how the discs would fly (as well as what players thought of them).

I know this completely sounds like one of those "Yeah....sure.....uh-huh" types of things! :) However, I am a 10+ year entrepreneur who has successfully started two business ventures, as well as a guy who has thought about this particular idea for the past few years. I'm to the point where I would like to talk to a disc manufacturer or two (or ten) to see if anyone might be willing to give the idea a shot...and am wondering if anyone out there would be willing to give me contact information of any smaller manufacturers you know that might be looking for a unique concept or two to potentially develop.

Tags: disc, golf, manufacturers

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed. It's probably just my mid-life crisis settling-in....having people 20 years younger than me reminding me of how I'm basically just a glorified "rec" player. You think the PDGA will start a "Seniors Tour" anytime soon?! I've got 13 years left to practice (before I hit 50) and then I'll be ready to tear it up! LOL.

Seriously though, I play because it's fun. I played over 1,500 holes last year, 95% of the time completely alone...just because I wanted to go play whether I had people to play with or not. Heaven for me is 65-70 degrees, a gentle breeze, an afternoon with nothing to do, my bike and my discs. I keep score and follow the rules just because I've been trying to improve aspects of my game, but there's just something "spiritual" about being out there that has NOTHING to do with competition...
well said sir
Hey Derek, If you want to get the extra D, try the new Gateway Assassin.
what are your ideas?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968