www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

listeing to music while playing a round help your game?

ive found out that it doesn't matter either way i still suck at DG...

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To each his own brother..some find it distracting...others it helps them focus.
Barry Schultz would agree. However having earbuds in would probably bother me. When we are playing rec rounds I sometimes use my phone/mp3 player to quietly play some tunes that don't have lyrics (if the group doesnt mind).
I think music out on the course isn't so bad. I have a problem with the head phones, I think that is really distracts me. But it has to be good music, and if you are walking up on another group of golfers teeing off you should show them respect and turn your music off or down. Not everyone listens to the same music. There is nothing worse than this group at one of my local courses that walk around with some terrible rap music blasting. I don't want to hear that. Their rap music really bothers me to hear when I am teeing off and playing round of disc golf.
I usually just pick a song that I really like and listen to it before I hit the course, and have that song stuck in my head to jam with for the round.
I check with the group first, BUT, I have speakers that my MP3 plug into and we all enjoy
A guy around here uses portable speakers. I cannot say if my game is any worse when we play, but I would not want it for a tourney. For casual play, it helps me remember disc golf is casual and should be played for fun all the time.
For headphones, try lacing em through the back. I personally prefer an iPhone. It isn't too loud and less hassle. Not only that, but with headphones I can't hear my surroundings. Unless it's ska, I'd prefer others turn their crappy music down or off;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968