www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey All,

I'll be once again running a Disc Golf Fantasy League for all dg enthusiasts out there open to everyone..Last year we had 28 players, and I'm hoping for more this year out.

For those new to this, please look at last year's final results to get an understanding how the league was set up (Excel required) - http://www.yahoo.com/dooteronomy/dgflfinal111807.xls

This year I'm still toying with *how* to best integrate points. The cash payouts worked fine until tournaments did not follow the PDGA payout structure. Five Thousand added cash to the USDGC winner weighted that tournament too heavily in my opinion.

Moving forward, I am leaning towards awarding 1 point for every player that your player beats (including the player him/herself) with a 5 point bonus for winning the tournament.This would apply to all A-Tier events (which will be included.) NT events would be double points and the Majors would be triple points. With the inclusion of all A-Tiers, I feel this *should* keep scoring varied and add value to both the NT Events and Majors.

My only real concern at this point is the pre-reg list. Some TDs use it religiously, some not so much and some (I fear) not at all. DGFL players will be at an advantage if they know of a player who's attending the event but not listed on the pre-reg list. I do not think there's any way around this, but I feel in the interest of fairness I need at least *some* list for all DGFL players to work from.

For simplicity's sake, we will be once again using only the Open division for each tournament, and you will be able to use a player only once the entire season (which begins with the Gentleman's Club on Feb. 29 - Mar. 2 and end with the Players Cup Nov 21-23 - assuming the PDGA calendar has been finalized).

I'm developing a spreadsheet that should easily allow all DGFL players to quickly see who they've used to avoid any controversy.

I'm also leaning towards increasing the Entry fee to $20 for the year. This will allow me to "spread the wealth" a bit more, offering cash prizes to at least the Top 3 or Top 5.

I'm also talking with an IT buddy to see if I can get a webpage to submit picks via a drop-down menu listing all players let's say over 1000 rated and a blank form for a write-in.

I'll have reached decisions on these over the next couple weeks. Suggestions are always welcome and encouraged. Be sure to tell all your friends!!

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want in...
If anyone is interested, please shoot an email to - fantasydiscgolf@gmail.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968