Course Name
Pub Name
Relative or approximate directions from the course to the bar
How you'd rate the course - highlights and hazards
How you'd rate the pub - drafts and drabs

Tags: bar, course, pub

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Floral Park in Floral City, Fl which is about 12 minutes north of Brooksville, FL (former home of Grand Canyon). There is this great resturant/bar called Shamrock Inn that makes the best burgers and has the coldest beer in town. We go there about every Sunday after our handicap round then try to play another round with 2 pitchers in us. Another place is Coach's Sports Bar that has 30 beers on tap with many TV's in downtown Inverness near Whispering Pine disc golf course.

Duane
I wish the Grand Canyon was still there. We took a trip down to play it last year and it closed inbetween when we booked and arrived. ....arrrg. I hear there's a chance it may yet open again.

Anyway, making another pilgramidge to tampa/st. pete zone this year for disc/r&r.
Anyone know a quality pub in St. Pete area?
There is a place in Clearwater on SR 60 (aka Gulf to Bay Blvd) called Pete and Shorty's that has great burgers and cold beer. It is about 5 minutes from the Cliff Stevens course and Coachman course. Yes, the Grand Canyon is probably going to be purchased by Hernando county as a mountain bike/disc golf course in the future, but it will take a while.

You should drop by the disc golf store I work at Sun King Disc Sports in Brookville, FL. It is about 40 minutes north of Clearwater but on the way to the Red Hawk course which is home of the Players Cup.

Brandi
Great, thanks Brandi, we will probably do just that. Very glad to hear the Canyon has a future.
Anytime I'm in Dallas, TX I go to the Old Monk (just North of downtown on Knox / Henderson...about a mile E of 75). They have a good selection on tap but the prices are a little high. I just like the atmosphere of the place more than anything (except on Fri/Sat nights whe the trendy crowd takes over), and they have some awesome food. My favorites are the "better cheeseburgers" (with cheeses like sage derby, whiskey chedder, stilton, bruder basil, etc), Guiness beef stew, fish and chips, and the french onion soup. I always look forward to driving into town, heading straight for Old Monk, and sitting down with a giant burger and a glass of Maredsous 8 or Chimay Grand Reserve.

As for the great course nearby...there really arent any *near* the Old Monk, but there are plenty of great course in the greater Dallas/Ft Worth area: Lester Lorch Park, Harry Myers Park, Veterans, ZBoaz, Audubon, Bicentannial Park...
Lewis & Rehobith, DE

Cape Henlopen State Park DGC
Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats

Leave the Park and get back on 9 south, bear left onto Rehobith ave, DFH is on the right hand side - it should take 20 min but who knows with beach traffic.
The course is like no other I've played. No such thing as fairways here. It's all sand dunes and pine scrubs. You can only see two or three of the baskets from the tees due to elevation and vegetation. the wind off the ocean comes into play but it's not overpowering. play it, you'll ether love it or hate it.
The brew pub is Dogfish Head Brewings and Eats - I shouldn't need to say any more (and yes their food is almost as good as their beers)
City, State Flint/Davison, MI
Course Name Goldenrod
Pub Name It's a PARTY STORE called The Rock
Relative or approximate directions from the course to the bar 4 Miles South on Irish Rd.
How you'd rate the course - highlights and hazards The Course is difficult, but one of the most beautiful I've played. Nicely wooded.
How you'd rate the pub - drafts and drabs
This Party Store has one of the biggest selections of beers, imports, micro-brews, liquors, and other exotic alcohols. Stop by if you're in the area. You won't be disappointed.
Kenosha, Wi
Parkside
Captian Mike's
It's about a 7-10 min. drive from the course. Take Wood Road (30th Ave) South to 52st. Turn left onto 52 st. Take 52st untill it ends, Turn Left and go two block Noth. Capt. Mike's is on the Southwest corner and has a decorative light house on top of the building.

Parkside has two sets of concrete tee pads for all 18 holes. The course is open and also wooded. Hole #8 is the signature hole with the mounded basket. Overall the course has a nice mix of holes.

The pub has over 200 beers at anytime in stock. On Tuesday's it's $2 micro night.
Sarasota, Florida
North Water Tower Park
Bahi Hut
Back to U.S. 41 and then south... less than 1/2 mile on R, where you'll find the Golden Host Hotel, and the famous Bahi Hut Lounge, where you can get the best Mai-Tai anywhere - and they'll only let you have two of them!

If you take U.S. 41 north into downtown Bradenton, you can find the Lost Kangaroo Pub on Main Street. This place serves free peanuts in baskets, and you can throw the shells on the floor. Lots of taps, but when I go in there I get a draft ESB, buddy. Yummy!
Flying Saucer. 10 min. fron Earlwood. Main into downtown R on Gervais L on Park 1 block on L. Possibly the best bar in the vista.
Hamburger Joe's next to Tupelo Bay in Surfside have the best burgers in Horry County and cold beer.

Pourhouse on Maybank Hwy on James Island, 5 minutes to Johns Island and Trophy Lakes has great bands. great beer and staff and great people. Upcoming bands this spring and summer are The Last Waltz Ensemble this weekend, Donna Jean and Zen Tricksters, Raq, Bloodkin, Steep Canyon Rangers, Snake Oil Medicine, Porter Batiste Stoltz and Indecision for all you old schoolers.

Moes Crosstown Tavern on Rutledge Ave Charleston at the entrance to Hampton Park. Great crowd, great beer and staff and best bar food in the world.

Handlebar near Timmons Park in Greenville, SC has great beer and fantastic bands.
Grand Rapids, MI
Riverside Park
Graden's Crossing
about 1.5 miles from course, South on Monroe Ave., left on Leonard St., left on Plainfield Ave. and it comes up on your left about a half block. Riverside is decent course that is rapped around a river lagoon. Pretty flat, with lots straight shots, with some old trees in play. Water hazards on several holes on the back nine. Course is of the north-side of downtown GR. Graden's Crossing is an AWESOME pub! Fantastic and unique drink and food menus.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968