www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When I play my home course, I have been trying to mix it up. I have grown tired of the same old hyzer line. I have been trying the big anhyzer and roller approachs. I enjoy watching the disc flex and bounce much more than my typical boring hyzers. I have also been trying to throw discs that make the shot tougher. Has anyone else bored and trying to spice it up with more challenging shots or disc?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I throw to other pins sometimes. My home course is a pitch n putt to the bigger arms but a great place to learn the game and diff shots. From tee #1, you can play par 3 shots to all 9 baskets pretty easily.
That sounds cool. I haven't played much Safari disc golf.
I wouldn't say I have done so out of boredom. Courses go through such different "personalities" based on season and "maturation", that finding new ways of doing the same thing can become a must do.

For Instance:

Hole one at Highland rd. DGC in Baton Rouge was at one time a no brainer. If your threw RHBH you had to throw a BIG Hyser around mature trees to make it near the pin for a birdie. It was a tough shot for anyone without a big arm. (this was eight years ago)

Since then someone (rather many someone's) opted to go through the patch of woods. A trail developed and widened to the point that it is now the "main" route to the chains.

..................But hey sometimes I throw a crazy shot just to see if I can make it work (could be boredom!).
i play holes differently for a while when i was working on my back hand it was fun because i wanted to throw everyhole back hand but now everything is boring i think that i why im playing in tournaments on courses that i have never seen much less played
Not too many people play our course, so we make alternate holes all the time. Also, playing games like Ript and Ript Revenge force you to throw shots that you would not even dream of attempting, so that can add some interest as well. Over here in Australia there are not many disc golf courses, so we have to be inventive to keep it interesting.

Also, if you are playing predominantly backhand, maybe try a full round of sidearm to develop that part of your game, or vice versa? Good luck with it.
safari golf is a fun round to vary the original configuration of most courses. Pease Park in Austin, TX plays exceptionally well for this. Instead of playing the original #1 #2 #3 etc.. we will play some holes combined. Makes for bigger scores and helps you play better course management. Watch for other disc golfers as you might be in the way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968