www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is everybodys thoughts on bags

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have the Gorilla Boy Kong and it has been an awesome bag. Lots of cargo space for rain jackets, snacks, drinks, umbrella strap, long flap to cover your putters upfront. Got mine in Navy Blue/Grey. I have mine with the Quadshocks in black.

http://www.gorilla-boy.com/kong.shtml
http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/quadshocks.html
bags i have had

Lightning medium

fade crunch box

innova comp x2

revo dual pack

revo carolina

revo mini

gateway ozark

by far i love the ozark
and the revo's i have had. Everything else i have used was crap.
Cucumbers on the eyes apparently works great
I have a Revo Deluxe mini for casual rounds and a Revo Carolina for tournaments. I've had both for over 2 years and imagine they will last another 5.
why do you like the ozark the best,,, is it because it is easier on your back.. I think it looks goofey but would buy it if it made my back not hurt after a full day of DG..
FYI, talked to Justin today and the web site/sales. Will not be up and fully running until mid. November (approx), but the bag sounds sweet! Just might have to add ANOTHER bag to the others ;)

P.S. If and when I get the bag I'll have some for sale!lol!
the simian looks a lil much unless your a touring disc golf player, but the kong looks good for the rest of "us". how many discs does it hold?
including putters I get about 22-24 discs, if you want to use the space on the back of the bag you could get 2 or 3 more, but it wouldn't be comfortable on your back when you put it on over both shoulders.

The Simian is the answer for the Revo backpack and it does have it's place. There are a few buys that I play with that use this bag and love it. The Kong holds more discs I believe so it is really about what options you want or what is most comfortable.
wish there was a place i could physically check them out instead of just online, no one carries them, the disc golf shop here carries the various Innova and Fade bags, but the Gorilla Boy bags are a long shot. i'm intrigued though, i haven't even seen anyone using them at local events yet. thanks for the info though. i myself use a Innova deluxe bag,it holds 22 comfortabley, but i'm looking for something that holds a little more gear.
The Kong has a lot of cargo space for the pouches on the side and in the front. There is a slot behind the putters that is zippered that holds a decent amount...like a pull over or a sweatshirt. I used to have the Innova Deluxe bag and switched from that directly to the Kong and the Kong has a lot more space and is more durable than the Innova one. I have 4 friends that have Kongs and three of them switched from the same bag and love it as well. I just went out to my car and counted the discs, mine has 26 in it including the putters and has room for 2 more discs, especially if I take out the dividers.

I emailed the guy at Gorilla Boy before I bought the bag and he replied promptly with questions I had. He said that if there was ever a problem with workmanship that you could send it to him and he'd fix free of charge and send it back. Based on that I bought one and have been happy since and that was back in April or May of this year.
thanks, that would be re-assuring, those are the bags i have been learning towards. guess i'll shoot him an e-mail as well and start some dialog with him to make sure. but they seem awesome. happy discing

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968