www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Me and a friend or two are going to be taking a trip sometime in June or July around Northern Callifornia. We Will be taking off from Humboldt and going down along the coast to Santa Cruz playing as many corses as we can down to DeLa, then going East to Biju in Tahoe and Kirkwood if posible. After we plan to try to hit Auburn, Grass Valley, Orivile, Chico, Redding, and anywhere in between we can find to play. Both of us have only played the corses in Humboldt and will probably need some guides to help us get though the corses fast enough to get in all the ones we want to go to. If at all posible it would be nice to have some camping along the way. All the help people can provide would be great. Hope to see you all this summer.

Tags: Biju, CA, Calli, Callifornia, Camping, De, Humboldt, La, Northern, Tahoe, More…Vega, guides, help

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stop in Monterey wich is 40 min south of Santa Cruz. The OAKS at CSUMB is worth it. If you need someone to show you the course check out the Monterey Stinging Jellies club page.
Itinerary for the Nor Cal Summer tour
Any help showing me around on any of these courses would be great.

Leaving Wed 07/09 after work and driving down to Willits
Thur 07/10: Willits KOA in the morning, folowed by AVBC DGC in Boonville in the afternoon, and S.F. in the evening.
Fri 07/11: Black Mouse DGC in the morning followed by DeLavega in the afternoon. Driving up to my parents in Eldorado county for the night, if there is time, Shady Oaks in Orangevale.
Sat 07/12: Bijou in the late morning to afternoon, folowed by Zepher Cove in the afternoon to evening.
Sun 07/13: North Tahoe Regional Park in the morning, Truckee River Regional Park in the afternoon, and if there is time Auburn in the Evening.
Mon 07/14: this day is still up in the air there are alot of courses between Tahoe and Humboldt and I'm trying to decide which ones I'm going to try to hit on my way back home. This is where I could use some more help, if anyone can show me around on a course or two this day it would rock otherwise I'll be trying to find one or two that are easy to follow and along the way.
i say forget about willits- its a cool town but there course is a little weak. its ok but therebaskets are missing an essential bottom ring producing a lot of chance for spit out. id say go to ukiah, theyve got a few better courses pretty close to each other .m black mouse- youll go to de la. from de la it will be difficult to make it to orangevale in time if you plan on playing santa cruz- your best bet is to stay at de la for the rest of the day (youll probably want to anyway) and drive to sacramento in the evening or even go to monterey like my good buddy anthony suggested after you play de la.(not to mention traffic hours are 3-7 pm) i gaurantee if you play de la and blackmouse you will not be able to get to orangevale in a reasonable time- not to mention ov is usually quite packed.

hope this helped
im more than happy to help w any more questions
-steve
I can help show you around the Chico and Oroville courses if you would like me to. Just let me know when you plan on being in my area...
I can show you SF anytime after 4:30pm on 7-10. PM me for my number.
Thanks that would probably be great timing for when I plan on making it down there. How is the best way to reach you so we can meet up and play?
there are 2 public courses here in the redding area and i have a 24 hole private course were i am living now if your interested.
correction, 3 public courses. i forgot about horsetown.
Wow where are you living, I'm assuming near Redding. My itinerary changed for the road trip, becuse of a tourny at Bijou I won't be doing the south lake Tahoe courses, just the north lake ones. I would love to do my monday in Redding and at your private course. I think I'm going to do the corses in Grass Valley and Penn Valley on Sunday now so Monday in Redding would work out nicely to have me back in town on Tuesday.
Updated Itinerary for the Nor Cal Summer tour
Any help showing me around on any of these courses would be great.

Leaving Wed 07/09 after work and driving down to Willits
Thur 07/10: Willits KOA in the morning, folowed by AVBC DGC in Boonville in the afternoon, and S.F. in the evening.
Fri 07/11: Black Mouse DGC in the morning followed by DeLavega in the afternoon. Driving up to my parents in Eldorado county for the night, if there is time, Shady Oaks in Orangevale on the way.
Sat 07/12: North Tahoe Regional Park in the morning, Truckee River Regional Park in the afternoon, and if there is time Auburn in the Evening.
Sun 07/13: Grass valley courses and Penn valley's course, maby Auburn
Mon 07/14: this day is still up in the air there are alot of courses between Tahoe and Humboldt and I'm trying to decide which ones I'm going to try to hit on my way back home. This is where I could use some more help, if anyone can show me around on a course or two this day it would rock otherwise I'll be trying to find one or two that are easy to follow and along the way.
well i get off work at 2:30 on monday so if you want to play drop me a line on my page and i'll give you my #. anderson river park in anderson would be a good course to play beforehand (my fave)
Well I see no one has pointed you at Stafford Lake. Go to Staffordlakeblogspot for more info. Although it is hot and dry out there right now, and no play is allowed on red flag days, it is easily in the top ten disc golf courses in Cali. Check it out. Saturday weeklies start at noon, A-B pool random doubles. 5$. Also costs to get in park. No dogs allowed. Be ready for a hike.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968