www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you do to condition your body to play? What kind of excercises if any do you do to prepare yourself for your game. Resistance training,weight training, stretching, etc...

Tags: conditioning, excercise, training

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

has anyone found success in using the Dyna Flex gyro hand exercise device. It takes a little getting used to but the motion created allows the user to further develop strength and flexibility in the wrists and lower arm muscles.
see them at www.dynaflex-intl.com
Two very good friends first gave me a bag with three discs, then the dyna-flex and this Christmas past, a practice basket.
Along with this great and informative website, what more could I need to train for a win at the World's ? whatever it is, post it and I'll read it and son thereafter, I'll try it.
I noticed an ad in the last issue of Disc Golf World that I had not seen before. It is for a website called throwlonger.com. It is for a product called the THe Throw Longer System. When you go there it just basically gives a good bit of hype with no explanation of the product. The only thing you can do from that one page is purchase it. Does anyone know anything about this????
On the topic of yoga - pilates is similar and offers a bit more cardio and strength work along with stretching and lean muscle building. can't get enough of it! combined with a bit of weights it works great. I have torn cartilage in my throwing shoulder but I have found that pilates keeps my shoulder muscles strong enough to prevent most of the dislocation events that used to plague me.
I purchased 1 of the dynaflex gyro balls. I just figured out how to get it spinning. wow what a burn in my forearms. I liked that they say it will help for musicians as well as atheletes I play bass guitar and after an hour of playing my fingers are really cramped. Too early to tell how well it might help but so far so good!
Sheila,
this is the most educated and sound advice that needs to be brought up from time to time to help all players and possibly prevent injuries while at play.

thank you
in the winters here when its too dark to get a round in .i go to the local rock climbing gym ,its great for finger stregnth ,forearm endurance and helps keep my balance sharp .
Forgot about this thread. Take a look at the issue before last disc golfer. I wrote up an article on core lifting. I'm considering ways to update or provide additional workouts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968