www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you do to condition your body to play? What kind of excercises if any do you do to prepare yourself for your game. Resistance training,weight training, stretching, etc...

Tags: conditioning, excercise, training

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard that roller blading (as funny as it sounds) is great. The muscles you use to push the skates to go forward, are the same sets of muscles you use to fire in the uncoling...this is not proven by the FDA.
try cross country skiing for arm and leg strength, but first, start your day with yoga and yogurt
A little over a year ago I decided to put the concept2 rowing machine that my wife had purchased to some use. Both my wife and daughter row on the water but the machine had been gathering dust for a while. Concept2 has a great website where one can keep an online log and they have various challenges throughout the year which is what got me started. Over the past year I've erged (rowed) around two and a half million meters, shed 15-20 pounds and gotten stronger. I've got to say that it's a great all body workout and relatively low impact on the joints. I usually go for around 20 to 60 minutes four or five times a week and every once in a while I'll throw in a longer row, maybe 90 minutes. If you've got access to a good rowing machine I'd recommend giving it a try.
I do have a rowing machine and like yours it is gathering dust in my office, leaned up against the wall. It is just an old clunker that someone gave to my wife years ago, I get on it almost always never....I have been contemplating using it and getting ready for the coming disc golf season...Just can't seem to get in the mood, and being a 50+ year old male I need all the help I can get....What is the address of the website that you use, maybe I'll give it a try....Thanks for the info on "rowing in place"...
I know a world class body builder who didn't think that yoga is a "real" exercise. He was hired to be one of the folks in the background of an instuctional video that a friend of his was producing. He didn't think that he would even get a decent workout. After getting his but kicked by a bunch of "granola eatin' hippies", he became a convert to the ways of yoga. He was in great shape(he helped Arnold to prepare for several of his movies including Terminator) and he was really hurting in the begining. I mention this because I know that alot of people think that yoga will be easy, and it's not. It's great for your mind and body, and I believe that almost everyone could benefit from a strong yoga practice, just don't go into it thinking of it as an easy alternative to a "real" workout. The advice to warm-up and then stretch was passed on to me a couple of years ago, and it helped me tremendously.
Thanks for the info, you are about the 3rd person to mention yoga, I will look into it. I like the "Mind, Body and Soul" aspect of this excercise. I could use an all over type of conditioning. I see disc golf as 90% body, and 10% mental...
90% phsyical, and 10% mental ??? Mabey I'm a head case, but I'd put it at 60% mental at least.
My wife thinks I'm 100% mental for getting involved as much as I have!
The site is concept2.com
When we first got the machine I tried it but didn't get the bug. When we got something in the mail that mentioned the "holiday challenge" I thought I would try again and that was enough to get me over the hump of rowing regularly.
Oh ya I meant the other way around...sorry
thanks
just a joke!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968