www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you do to condition your body to play? What kind of excercises if any do you do to prepare yourself for your game. Resistance training,weight training, stretching, etc...

Tags: conditioning, excercise, training

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just a joke!
The site is concept2.com
When we first got the machine I tried it but didn't get the bug. When we got something in the mail that mentioned the "holiday challenge" I thought I would try again and that was enough to get me over the hump of rowing regularly.
thanks
On the topic of yoga - pilates is similar and offers a bit more cardio and strength work along with stretching and lean muscle building. can't get enough of it! combined with a bit of weights it works great. I have torn cartilage in my throwing shoulder but I have found that pilates keeps my shoulder muscles strong enough to prevent most of the dislocation events that used to plague me.
I purchased 1 of the dynaflex gyro balls. I just figured out how to get it spinning. wow what a burn in my forearms. I liked that they say it will help for musicians as well as atheletes I play bass guitar and after an hour of playing my fingers are really cramped. Too early to tell how well it might help but so far so good!
in the winters here when its too dark to get a round in .i go to the local rock climbing gym ,its great for finger stregnth ,forearm endurance and helps keep my balance sharp .
Forgot about this thread. Take a look at the issue before last disc golfer. I wrote up an article on core lifting. I'm considering ways to update or provide additional workouts.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968